Ch1: The Second Nightfury

Turquoise's pov

I flew across the sea with Frida on my back as she controlled my tail. "Hey Turquoise, there's an island over there, maybe there might be another nightfury there" Frida told me, pointing out an island. "Why would their, we've checked every island and found none" I replied even though I knew she didn't understand.

"OK. So maybe there won't be one but let's go anyway, maybe we'll find a new dragon species" Frida explained. I flew down closer to the island, looking around when I heard the sound of winds flapping. "There's a gronckle behind us" Frida told me. "Hey you, on the dragon. Stop this instant" a voice yelled.

"Turn around girl" Frida told me. I did a barrel room and then hovered, facing the gronckle. "No wait. Don't shoot" the human boy yelled. I folded my wings and dived down into the treeline.

When close to the ground, I spread out my winds and landed. "Never do thy again" Frida told me clearly scared from what just happened. I let out a laugh before stopping when I heard something.

Something flew down and grabbed onto Frida, picking her up off my back. "We caught the Yak" someone yelled "What do you mean Yak. It's a sheep" another yelled. "I'm not a Yak or a sheep!" Frida yelled. They continued to argue as I turned around and fired at the Zippleback that held Hunya.

I hit the wing after two shots and it fell to the ground, dropping Frida as I caught her in my back. "Why are you guys fighting this time" someone asked.

I turned around only to see a nightfury with a human male on his back that resembled Frida besides hair colour. I walked over to the nightfury cautiously. "Is it you" I asked, looking at him. "Hey, it's been a while. How's your mate and hatchling" he asked. "They're both dead. I don't know how my mate died but a skrill killed my hatchling" I explained.

"I'm sorry about that" he replied. "Don't be. It's not your fault" I explained. "So what does your human call you" he asked. "Turquoise what about you?" I replied with a question at the end. "Toothless. That's Barf and Belch, Stormy fly, Cloudjumper, Hookfang, Meatlug and Skullcrusher" Toothless explained, gesturing to the other dragons.

"What about your human" I asked, looking at the human on Toothless' back. "That's Hiccup" he replied. "This is Frida" I told him, flicking my tail.

"No way. A female Nightfury" the human that sat on Meatlug spoke in wonder. "Amazing" the human that was in Cloudjumper spoke. She climbed down and walked over, holding my head gently.

"Hey, be careful" Frida told her, holding onto the saddle to steady herself. The human opened my mouth and brushed her hand along my tongue and looked at my retractable teeth.

"Who are you exactly" Frida asked. "My name is Valka. What happened to the tail" Valka asked, picking up my tail and looking at the red fabric.

"Hehe, I sort of hit Turquoise's tail with an arrow when she was fighting a Skill and she lost the other half in one of dad's traps" Frida laughed nervously. I sneezed lightly and shook my head.

"I thought Toothless was the only Nightfury" Hiccup pointed out, getting off Toothless' back and rubbing my head. "Those markings. I've never heard of a Nightfury with markings like this" the human on Meatlug pointed out, running a hand along my scales.

"Big deal, it's just another dragon" the human on Hookfang explained. "It is a big deal. This rider found another Nightfury. It means that Toothless isn't the last of his kind" Hiccup explained.

"So what's your name" the female that was hanging upside down from Barf and belch asked. "Frida" Frida replied, tugging on the leg that was caught.

I looked to see her leg was caught in one the stirrups. "Hey your stuck" Valka pointed out, helping Frida get her leg out of the Stirrup.

"We'll take you two to our village. We can get you back on your feet" Hiccup told Frida. Frida just nodded.