Ch3: Conversations

Turquoise's Pov

I sat on the beach with Frida as I drank some water from the sea. Frida was fiddling with a stick by drawing in the sand. I was about to go over to Frida when a dragon tumbled onto the ground next to me.

I looked to my side to see Toothless getting up from the sand. "Are you alright?" I laughed. Toothless got up. "Yes. I'm fine" he replied. "Why did you come here?" I asked. "I came to talk" Toothless replied, swishing his tail. "About what?" I asked. "Anything" Toothless replied. I pricked my ear fins, this was the perfect opportunity to see if he was open to have a mate.

Since my mate was killed, I had been looking for a new mate, I stretched out my wings before walking close to Toothless. "If you want to talk then I'm up to talk" I replied. Toothless looked at me as I started to walk around him. He turned around so that he was still facing me. "What do you want to talk about?" he asked. "Have you ever had a mate?" I asked. "No" Toothless replied.

"Interesting" I explained. "Why do you ask?" Toothless asked, his ear fins pricked, appearing to be interested. "I haven't seen too many other Nightfury's other then my mate, hatchling and family. I was curious if you knew any" I replied.

"I haven't seen other Nightfury's recently" Toothless explained. "That's a shame" I told him, edging closer. Toothless looked at me but didn't back away which I took as a good sign. I was about to ask a question when Frida called me over.

"Come on Turquoise, we should go to the place we've been offered for the night" Frida called. I put my ears down but trudged over anyway. Frida climbed onto my back and I flew off to the house that we'd been offered. I flew down in front of the door as Frida climbed off my back. She pushed the door open and walked in as I followed. There was some fish next to a small fire and a basket full of fish which I guessed was for me.

I ate the fish in the basket while Frida heated up one fish and ate it. Frida walked up the stairs while I leapt up there. I lay down on the rock that had been placed in the room. Frida lay down next to me as I put my wing over her. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.