Chapter 1 - the rejection

Chapter one - the rejection

Skylar POV

"GET OUT OF BED SKYLAR. YOU NEED TO MAKE THE PACK BREAKFAST!!" my brother Jace screamed through my door as he pounded his fists on it.

I looked at the clock and saw that I overslept, it was 7:30am.

I ran to my wardrobe and grabbed a pair of baggy jeans, a tank top and a hoodie, slipping on my converse. I made my way out of my bedroom door, I tied my messy red hair up into a ponytail and walked down the stairs.

I walked through to the kitchen and quickly made the pack some pancakes. When the clock turned 8 everyone made their way into the kitchen, grabbed a plate and walked to the dining room, not even sparing me a glance as I stood in the corner, the Alpha didn't come in so I guess he was out all night.

Washing up the plates that were left by everyone, I ate some pancakes, i have to eat after everyone and eat in the kitchen alone because to them I am unworthy to sit with a respectable pack like themselves.

At 8:45 after everyone was already gone I quickly ran to school. I wasn't allowed to buy a car for my 17th birthday although I passed the test in secret because they said I needed to burn the fat off so I could look more like one of the pack so I wasn't such an embarrassment. What they don't know is that I bought a car myself, I keep it hidden in a rented garage nearby. I also keep my precious belongings there so they don't get ruined by any pack members when they come in search of me and tear my room apart.

Once I arrived at school it was 8:55am and everyone was still outside because registration wasn't until 9, as I walked through the crowd people from my pack would punch me or push me just because they could, I always had bruises on my body because they felt they could take their anger out on me and also if I do something wrong they will use it to hit me.

My brother never cared about me, not after my mum passed away and my dad followed her, shooting himself because he couldn't bear the pain of losing his mate.

I was a daddy's girl so when I found him dead, soaking in his own blood, gun in hand with a note addressed to me I was left heartbroken and alone. people thought I killed him because I found him, they thought I killed their best warrior. No one knew about the note so I still had something left for me.

I arrived at my locker and got out my maths textbook and notebook and headed down the corridor, my eyes trained on the floor. I suddenly ran into a wall making me tumble to the floor, shocks ran through my body making me gasp, "I'm so sorry" I said quickly picking up my books from the floor and standing up again, but what I ran into was not a wall but my Alpha, "I apologise Alpha" I said quietly bowing my head.

"Whatever, now move" he said and pushed me again, sparks running through my body, he quickly turned to me and looked into my eyes.

"Mate" he muttered, making the wolves in the corridor gasp and look at him.

I smiled slightly but it quickly fell as I saw him shake his head

"You are not my mate, my mate was meant to be beautiful, skinny and perfect, and you are the complete opposite" he spat in disgust as he looked me up and down.

I shook my head no as tears fell from my eyes, "Please don't" I said quietly

He ignored me as if he never heard me "I Xavier James, Alpha of the moon beam pack reject you Skylar Mark as my mate" he stated finally, I flinched as our connection broke and my heart shattered.

With that he walked away, his body tense and stiff.

I froze, my mate, the one person that is meant to love me, just rejected me.