Chapter 10 - The pack meeting

Damien POV

I was nervous about today's pack meeting. I was never nervous about the meetings but this time I wish it never came. Skylar is going to hate me.

It was 3:55pm, 5 more minutes till the pack meeting. Like always the 5 minutes went by quickly and soon the whole pack was sitting in the living room before me, I was sitting in my seat at the front, my face in my hands taking deep breaths, everyone was silent as they watched me.

Skylar walked in with Zander in her hip playing with her hair as she talked quietly with Tim's mum, Tim holding her other hand.

They sat down on the floor near the front.

I took a deep breath and stood up,

"Everyone '' I announced loudly, making everyone look my way "I have some important news. We must join a nearby pack, they are having some problems with another pack, they are both fighting over the land between them. It is not our fight and we are not fighting, but we are in charge of training them, the Wolf King has ordered it. Another pack is training the other pack" I sounded tired and defeated to my own ears.

"What pack are we training Alpha?" Skylar asked carefully.

I paused.

"The Moon Beam pack" I whispered and sunk into my chair, everyone gasped, they all knew that, that is Skylar's old pack

I looked over at Skylar and saw he clutching Zander to her chest.

"I'm sorry Skylar, I refused but the Wolf King ordered it, I could not go against him" I whispered as I knelt down in front of her

"Do I have to go?" she asked gently

I nodded "You are our best fighter"

She nodded "When are we going?"

"Tomorrow" I whispered but I know everyone heard.

Skylar POV

I had to go back, after all these years, I have to go back and face them.

"I need to go shopping" I said to all the girls in the room standing up with Zander still half asleep on my shoulder.

They all nodded and then smirked "We are going to make you look irresistible and make them regret everything they ever did to you'' Carol, Timmy's mum said.

"Well then let's go" and with that we all stood up and went to our cars, I have a motor bike and I still have my range rover so I used my car as I had Zander with me.

We shopped for 2 and a half hours and we all had at least one new outfit including all our kids, although I got the most clothes with Zander as we were going to be the centre of attention once they noticed who I was.

{Leaving day}

We were leaving. We all had our bags and possessions. Although it was only me, Zander, Carol, Timmy, Damien, Georgia, Daniel, Josh and a few more members. Everyone wanted to stay; they didn't want to go against the Wolf King's orders. The main reason Carol and Timmy are coming is because I will need them for support.

"You ready Skylar?" Damien asked as I finished strapping Zander into his car seat.

"No" I said as I handed Zander his car making him smile.

"I'm sorry" Damien muttered.

"You have nothing to apologise for" I said, he nodded then turned to Zander.

"Hey buddy" he said ruffling Zanders auburn hair.

"DAMIEN!!" Zander squealed and hugged Damien close, although Damien is his dad on the birth certificate Damien said it didn't feel right having Zander call him dad when he has a mate and would have a future family and I agreed and said I wouldn't want Zander to call him dad because at some point I would like to date again and find someone to spend the rest of my life with.

"Damien, we are going to a bad pack, aren't we" Zander said quietly.

"Yeah buddy" Damien sighed.

"Timmy told Zander that they hurt my mummy" Zander said, he had started saying his name instead of saying me or I recently.

"Yeah they did, so she ran away that is why she is in my pack, and that is how she found you" Damien said gently and he stroked Zander's head.

"Don't worry mummy" Zander said to me "Zander and Timmy are going to beat them all up" he smiled at me.

"You are to smart for your own good Mister" I said pinching his cheek gently making him giggle.

"Right we better get on the road so let's go" Damien said loudly so everyone could here, everyone said goodbye and climbed into their cars and we drove off.

The closer we got the more nervous I got. It was around a 2 hour drive and Zander fell asleep half an hour after we left. We were half an hour away from the pack house and Zander was waking up again.

"Are we there mummy?" he asked sleepily.

"Not yet, almost just a little bit further"

15 minutes later we arrived in front of the pack house.

"We're here Zander" I said quietly

"Don't worry mummy, this time if you get scared you can hug Zander like how Zander hugs mummy when he is scared" he said smiling at me

"Thank you baby" I said as I looked back at him and smiled.

Then I took a deep breath and climbed out of the car, ready to face a place that was my hell 3 years ago, but this time I was not alone, I had my family and my pack with me.