6

Violet

After my makeover Millie requested that Maya and I give her one of her own. Maya and I indulged her and went to their suite to play dress up and paint nails. Millie had decided on an outfit I had chosen because the overalls and turtleneck looked like something to wear on an adventure. Maya had laughed at that putting the extra clothing away so there wouldn't be a mess later on. I helped to paint Millie's nails a sparkly blue color while Maya pulled her hair back into a braided crown doing the same to my hair and her own when Millie insisted that we all match each other. Maya painted Millies toenails telling me to take care of my own nails when she noticed that I had been staring and picking at them. I clipped and filed them before painting them a metallic gold that matched Millies toenails.

After dress up we watched some movies of Millies choosing that I admittedly didn't pay much attention to, I think the first one was about magical forest creature, but I wasn't quite sure. The opening credits of the sequel had just begun to roll when I noticed Maya tense slightly right before a knock sounded on the door. The movie was paused and the person was told to come in. A young boy entered bowing slightly at Maya when he entered.

"Alpha Meyer, Alpha Floros has requested that I inform you that Ms.Violet is invited to attend your family dinner tonight. He has also requested that I inform you that in light of recent events your Mate has informed Alpha Floros that he will be attending this meal also as to make sure your daughter is unharmed." The boy reported raising his head from the bow only to bow again when Maya thanked and dismissed him.

Millie grinned and began to cheer after the boy closed the door behind him "Daddy's coming to see us!" Maya giggled at Millies antics turning to me with a smile of her own. "Aksel may seem very intimidating, but he cares immensely for his family. I'm sure he will want to thank you for what you did in his own way." Maya paused for a moment furrowing her brow "I'm not sure If he knows about you and Theo." She smiled again "I can't wait to see his reaction. Theo's first mate, Penelope was very shy around him, he intimidated her, but if he tried to mess with her she bit back hard. Once she paid Millie in gummy worms to completely ignore him for a week. Millie of course cracked on the third day but it was amazing to watch him get all worked up about it. He tried everything to get her to talk to him, she finally gave in when he gave her a teddy bear, its her favorite one now because it smells like him. Every time we leave she has him keep it with him for the week before so that she can have his scent with us when we come here." She gestured to Millie as she spoke causing me to turn just in time to see her deeply inhale while holding said teddy bear.

I suppose that I probably should have been jealous at the way Maya spoke so fondly of Penelope, but I couldn't feel that way about the woman who had come before me. The mating between her and Theo had been a good one and I had no intention of distorting those memories. My mating may not have been a happy one, but the pain of rejection was said to be similar to the pain of losing a bonded mate. If the memory of penelope made my mate and his family happy I wasn't going to ruin that by being jealous of her. Instead I would hope to live up to the example she had set for me to follow.

Millie was buzzing with excitement at the information of her father visiting and Maya seemed just as happy about the news stating that we had to start getting ready as soon as the movie finished. I'm sure it was very difficult for her to spend so much time away from her mate on a regular basis. Maya informed me over a quick lunch that family dinner was a formal affair especially when all members of the family actually made it to the event. After our meal she changed into a flowy white blouse and a pair of fitted jeans covered in floral embroidery. Millie reluctantly changed out of her dress up attire and compromised with Maya to change into a polka dotted romper instead of the dress Maya had initially wanted her to wear. I myself was changed into a maxi length floral skirt with a laced up leather belt instead of the miniskirt, and sheer thermal tights rather than the leggings, Maya also lent me a denim jacket as apparently dinner would take place outdoors. She and Millie both were running at a higher temperature with their wolves present, although they did both wear light jackets themselves.