7

Violet

Theo saved me from explaining things to his family by answering his mothers question before I could. "Violet was actually just outside our territory hunting when Millie screamed out for help. She ran to investigate what it was and discovered Millie before saving her from the rogues." I nodded smiling at Amanda and Calix chiming in myself to finish answering her question. "I haven't really stayed in any one place as a lone wolf, I travel wherever the moon calls me. I actually had no idea where I was until Alpha Theo told me what pack I was in." I could feel Theo tense at the name I used for him, he seemed to not like me addressing him by his formal title. Maya noticed this as well and spoke up saving us from any awkwardness.

"Please Violet, there is no need to be so formal this is a dinner between family, it would be awkward if we used formal titles. Don't you agree Theo?" she was chipper directing her closing question to my mate with a smirk. Theo nodded at her staying silent as he served some salad to Millie who made a face picking at the zucchini and bell pepper pieces within it before reluctantly eating them.

Although the following conversation still focused on me the questions were much lighter. How old was I? Twenty five. How long had I been a lone wolf? Almost four years. Did I like their pack so far? Yes, very much so. Was I recovering well from my injuries? Yes they were healing nicely and the pain relievers the pack doctor provided were very helpful. Am I going to stay for long? If I'm welcome I will stay as long as they like. Had I toured the packgrounds yet? No I had only seen bits of the hospital and the main house. What were my hobbies? I enjoyed reading and gardening. What kind of things did I like to grow? Mostly I enjoy taking care of flowers and bonsai trees. Also, what kinds of things did I like to read? Medical journals, historical texts, and fantasy novels. Oh that's so interesting, why did I enjoy medical journals so much? I wanted to be a healer. This time Millie was the one who jumped into the conversation stopping (albeit unknowingly) anymore questions towards me from the group.

"Granny? Momma said you made dessert. Since I ate all of my vegetables may I have some please?" she pleaded giving her grandmother a puppy dog face. Amanda laughed receiving a nod from Maya she conceded to the little girls request. "Yes Millie, I made some cupcakes. If you help me bring them out you can have two tonight." Amanda stated pushing herself away from the table as Millie squealed in delight "Are they chocolate cupcakes?" she asked bouncing in excitement. Amanda laughed nodding at her granddaughter as she rose from her seat. She and Millie walked back to the house to retrieve the desserts leaving the rest of us to finish our food before they returned.

The conversation continued pleasantly while they were gone focusing more on family matters Everything with dinner was going rather smoothly until Calix spoke up "Violet that name sounds familiar did you by any chance try to transfer to the Dark Sky pack three years ago?" The first words Calix spoke to me took me by surprise as I half choked on the water I was sipping when I inhaled accidentally in shock at his words. How did he know?. Maya rushed to me helping me to clear my throat with a few firm pats on my back. With my throat clear I finally responded to him shakily "Ye-Yes sir, I requested a transfer to complete the requirements for my healers certification, it was the only thing I had left to do before being able to practice." Calix nodded semming deep in thought for a moment oblivious to my building panic.

"That would make you the Violet Reynolds who went missing from the Oak Moon pack about four years ago." Calix stated shifting in his wheelchair and crossing his arms. I could feel my heartbeat racing as he spoke every new word revealing what I had chosen to keep to myself. "As well as the lost mate of Alpha Alexander Simmons." Calix leaned forwards in his chair resting his elbows on the table and locking his dark eyes with mine as he finished his statement with a serious tone "He's been looking a very long time for you Violet. I'll have to tell him that we've found you" with his final words chaos erupted.