( 1 )

Bart Allen.

Or you may know him as the superhero speedster, Impulse.

He seemed always happy and energetic but know one knew that was a rouse. It was all a show he put on. He couldn't be happy when his other half was however many years stuck in the future. The act that had everyone fooled would soon come crashing down.

"Hey Bart you wanna come and play basketball with us?" Jamie Reyes, also known as Blue Beetle, asks his best friend Bart.

"Nah, I'm good. Thanks though Hermano." Bart replies in a somewhat sad tone before walking to his room. Jamie, Tim, Conner, and Garfield notice Bart's actions and can't help but wonder what's wrong with their usually happy and spastic speedster. What have it away was the fact that Bart said the word Hermano correctly. He always messes it up to annoy Jamie.

Bart super speeds back inside and then heads to his room in Mount Justice. When the Garrick's got to old and since Barry and Iris couldn't take him because of the twins so he was basically shipped off to Mount Justice. He didn't really care, he understood. That's just when the loneliness started to get worse.

He puts in his headphones, the soft sound of the music lulls him to sleep.

A field comes into view, flowers and grass covered every inch. This only just made Bart miss him even more. Just as everything was once beautiful, the flowers started to wilt and the grass died. The air around him became thick and heavy.

In a flash the whole scenery had changed to that of his home in the future. Black Beetle stood five away from, the black bug started to inch towards him with a giant grin could covering his face. The next thing he hears changes everything.

"Bart....I'm scared...." He hears Thaddeus says above a whisper not wanting the scary black bug to hear him.

Bart quickly springs into action and picks Thaddeus up, then super speeds the two away. Only the faster Bart ran the more Thaddeus started to disappear in his arms. When he was completely gone Bart stopped running. He collapsed to the ground in a shaky mess. By now he couldn't stop the tears and the sobs from leaving him.

"Hermano, Bart, wake up." The voice belonged to Jamie, by the sound of his voice you could tell he was scared and worried.

Bart sat up with a gasp, once he looked around he remembered exactly where he was and calmed down instantly. But when he looked up at Jamie confusion over took him. "Jamie what's wrong?"

"I went to come and get you for dinner but when I came in lightning was coming off you. It looked like you were having a nightmare." After hearing this from Jamie, Bart's eyes went wide for a couple of seconds before they go back to their normal size.

"Is everything alright, ese?"

"Yeah everything's totally crash. I'll be out in a minute." Bart replies ushering the blue beetle away.

Jamie knew there was something wrong and the scarab on his back only confirmed his suspicion. "Jamie Reyes, the Impulse is scared of something that was said. I suggest a tactic of torture if the Impulse doesn't comply."

"I'm not doing that, ese. I'm not going to push him to talk." Jamie replies to his scarab. He knew from past experiences that if Bart didn't want to talk he wasn't going to talk, even if you tried to force him to.

Bart on the other hand was completely terrified as to what was going on. He knew it would happen but he was hoping that it wouldn't happen so soon, he thought he had more time. He looks at himself in the mirror that hung on the wall in his room, he could already tell it was affecting his body.

He puts a fake smile on his face and heads out to the kitchen, taking his place next to Garth. M'gann starts to dish everything out and Bart couldn't bring himself to take a bite. He just couldn't eat, he didn't want to eat.

"Bart are you feeling okay?" M'gann asks when she notices the usually hyperactive speedster not wolfing down his food asking for seconds like he normally does.

Everyone looks up from their food or stops talking and put their attention on Bart, making him go pale. He hated the attention. Jamie had noticed but he didn't want to say anything. "I-I. I'm just...not feeling very well..."

"Scan Complete. Impulse is in good health. He is lying." This had gotten Jamie thinking. Why would Bart lie? He's never lied before, so why now?

Bart's head dropped and in less than a second he was out of his chair and everyone hears the zeta tube announce he was leaving. Jamie stands up to go after him but M'gann stops him and says telepathically, "I'll have Wally go after him."

They both sit back down and everyone continues to eat their food.

Bart on the other hand had already ran all the way to a forest area near central city. He runs straight to a small tree and sits down near it, bringing his knees to his chest. How could something so simply hurt so bad?

Tears started to stream down his face, he could usually stop them but this time he just let them fall. He thought he was alone....

Future ( Unknown Time or Year )

The future was better now that Bart went back in time and stopped the reach. But Thaddeus was going through absolute hell. The sickness was already sinking in and there wasn't anything he could do about it.

This just made him want to see him even more. To save both of their lives but he he missed him like crazy and not being with him drove him insane.

Using his super speed he ran to Central City, he knew that he wasn't supposed to go back there but it wasn't going to stop him from going to visit their tree. Making it there in a nanosecond he places a hand on the tree as a few tears slide down his somewhat pale cheeks.

"I'm here. I'm still here."