( 6 )

Thad's pupils shrink in fear as the machine throws him around. Once the horrendous shaking stops he feels a jolt of energy run through him. That's when he knew he was in the right time. Now he just had to get out of this metal death trap.

He pushes the open button on the doors and when they open he crawls out of it. Seeing people in other costumes ready to pounce on him, scared the hell out of him. That's when he did the one thing he always did. Run. Running in a zig zag line he threw them off balance. He soon had to stop, the pain became unbearable.

Once Jamie got a better look at the machine the unknown speedster came in he knew it had to have the person Bart would scream at the top of his lungs, Thad. Jamie says to everyone and then powers down the scarab, "Guys, put your weapons down. The speedsters not a threat."

They all give him weird looks but when Jamie repeats himself they all listen. When Thad sees them putting down their weapons he looks at the boy who was the blue beetle and tries to understand why he'd want to help him. Jamie runs over to Thad and when Thad cowers at his touch, Jamie makes a mental note of what happened in the future before they stopped the reach.

"It's okay. I'm a friend of Bart's. I'm gonna take you to him." Jamie replies, hoping that the speedster in front of him would trust him.

Once Thad hears Bart's name he quickly nods and attempts to get to his feet but fails. Jamie says before he attempts to pick up Thad, "I'm gonna pick you up alright."

Thad nods and Jamie picks him up, carrying him to the medical bay where they kept Bart. They had to move him there because his conditions worsened. Once inside the room Bart was looking much better. When the two speedsters saw each other Thad sped out of Jamie's grasp and over to his lover that was now sitting on the edge of the bed.

Bart can't even begin to look at Thad, he blamed himself for this whole thing happening. He continued to look anywhere but him. Thad knew what Bart was doing so he looks over at Jamie and asks, "Can you-."

Jamie cuts him off by saying and then leaving the room, "Yeah you got it, ese."

Thad knew he wouldn't be able to touch him with out lightning short circuiting the building so he says, "Hey, Bart look at me."

Bart hesitantly does so, tears threatening to spill. "Hey, it's okay. It's okay."

"Now it's not...this whole thing was my fault. If I would have listen-." Bart starts but Thad soon cuts him off.

"No you needed to travel to the past to save the future and if you think I'm mad about it I'm not. You changed everything for the better. So stop moping around and lets go outside and fix this before we're both to weak." Thad says taking charge of the situation, he hates it when he has to take charge but if they were going to fix this he needed to.

Bart uses a little bit of his super speed and changes into his costume, which causes him to wince in pain afterwards. Thad goes to help him up and Bart quickly reminds him, "No, don't touch me."

Thad backs away and Bart steadies himself before the two head outside, far away from the building. His friends gather outside to watch, the upperclassmen soon join after contacting the justice league. As soon as they get a good enough distance between them and the Mount Justice compound Thad sticks out his hand. Bart reaches out his and their hands interlink with each other, nothing could pull them apart.

Wally was the first to get to Mount Justice after hearing the news from Barry. He just stood their like his friends and former team mates and watches. Barry was the second and he was going to go after them but Wally stopped him.

Bart and Thad start to run, hands still locked, generating their own lightening. When they quit running, streaks of green and red dances around them in a circular motion. They move closer together and the lightning that caused them so much pain comes out once again but this time no pain was felt. Their lightning's connect and the two get drawn even closer together.

Bart looks into Thad's gold eyes and everything clicked. He leaned in closer to his other half and presses his lips against Thad's. Thad's eyes flutter close and kisses back, bringing his hands to Bart's face.

The two start to pull away and when they do the lightning holding them together flings them back, a giant clap of thunder is heard afterwards. They hit the ground and the red and green funnel cloud disappears. Barry and Wally take off running at super speed over to them while everyone else runs at a normal pace. Barry runs to Bart and Wally runs to Thad.

Bart starts to open his eyes and Barry quickly asks, "Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Fine, great, actually." He replies sitting in an upright position, his eyes go over to Wally who's now holding onto Thad.

Seeing Thad's lifeless body in Wally's arms nearly crushed him. It would have if Thad wouldn't have opened his eyes and sat up. After realization hit Thad using his super speed he was up running around in less than a second. He soon came to stop, tackling Bart into a hug, ignoring the pain he felt in his back and upper torso.

Bart hugs Thad back and when they pull away Bart says excited, "Come on, you've gotta meet everyone."

Thad's face pales and Bart grabs his hand pulling him towards the small crowd of people nearby. Before Bart says anything to his friends and teammates Thad whispers in his ear, "Bart....um....my people skill...are rusty..."

Bart turns to Thad and whispers, "It'll be okay."

He then says to his teammates and friends, "So this is Thaddeus but he goes by Thad. He's my boyfriend so ladies, don't even think about it. Does anyone have any questions?"

The crowd of people stays quiet out of shock and a little confusion. They were confused as to why Thad looked a little bit like Bart and why he had some blonde hair and then some brown hair. Bart takes this opportunity to show Thad around before the league got there. Which should be anytime soon.

The two speedsters race back to the Mount Justice compound leaving everyone with a few questions but they knew their questions would be answered in due time. Thad grabs the bag from the time machine and when Bart sees it he knew who gave it to him. Bart grabs the bag and then puts it his room.

Bart runs back to Thad and hugs him once again, he couldn't believe this was real. When the two pull away he says, "You...you were dead. I felt you die."

Thad rubs the back of his neck replying, "Yeah..you're dad helped with that. He brought me back."

"Well I'm glad he did..." Bart replies a giant smile appearing on his face.

Bart's body rushes forward and he envelops Thad into another hug. He just couldn't believe he was actually here. Standing right in front of him, alive. Thad hugged him back and held him close. The two of them never wanted to let go of each other, afraid that this was a dream that they'd wake up from.

"Just....don't let go..." Bart says into Thad's chest, he couldn't stop the tears that started to fall.

Thad moves one hand up to Bart's hair and starts to run his hand through, slightly calming the boy. With tears in Thad's eyes he says to him, "I'm not going anywhere...I promise."

"Not again..."