( 4 )

After Bart's episode Aqualad informed the team about his condition at Flash's request. If Bart was going to be around all of them then they needed to know the dangers. When he finishes Aqualad dismisses them and some of them go and try to find the younger speedster but fail.

Jamie didn't, he knew that Bart would find them when he wanted or felt like it. Aqualad was surprised to find the young blue beetle sitting on the couch with a bag of chicken whizzes in his hand instead of searching for Bart who was somewhere in the compound. "You're not looking for Bart?"

"Nah, he'll come out when he wants to. I've learned over the the time Bart's been here, you don't pressure him to do anything. He'll do it on his own terms." Jamie replies putting a chip into his mouth, chewing it slowly.

Aqualad looks closer and notices the second bag. "Why do you have two bags?"

Jamie doesn't respond, he holds up three fingers and starts to count down. When his fingers reach zero, a giant thud is heard and you see small sparks and a hand reach up from behind the couch. He picks up the bag hands it to Bart.

A quiet thank you comes from behind the couch, followed by a small wheeze. The bag gets opened and Bart begins to eat them. After a couple of minutes Bart was finished with the delicious chicken flavored treat, he got up from behind the couch and threw his empty bag away in the kitchen.

He walks into living room and grabs his blanket that's laying on the couch, wrapping himself in it before sitting on the other end of the couch. The two other boys in the room could tell he was not in the best of shape. His hair was all messy and had a bunch of static and his skin looked pale and lifeless.

It hit them, he was really dying.

And there was nothing they could do to help their spastic friend.

I'm the feature, the Justice League had started to build the time machine for Thaddeus. They only had to gather a few more components and they'd be able to send him back. They'd be able to save him and Bart.

But like most plans, they had to be thwarted by an evil or outlying force.

Eobard had heard a rumor that his 'property' went crawling to the Justice League, outraged he had came up with a plan to take him back.

The league were getting the last few things out of their shipping crates when Eobard ran in, his eyes twitching with every step he took. Once everyone notices him they quickly stop what they're doing and Barry runs over to him. "Leave. I'm only going to ask once."

"I've come to take my property back. Then I'll leave." Thawne replies, his words sounding harsh and twisted.

"Thad isn't going anywhere with you." Barry tells him.

Thaddeus, unbeknownst to what's going on in the room with the time machine, walks inside and when he sees Eobard he freezes. He hated Eobard with a passion, all the torture and the all things he made him to do.

The anger soon out waited the fear and Thaddeus took off running in the pattern of circle. Once he built up speed he darted forward,  lightning flowing in front of him. It soon hits his target and he comes to halt next Barry. The lightning blast had taken a lot out of him and the two older speedsters knew it.

Barry grabs Thad and starts to run with him, keeping him away from Eobard. Eobard runs after them and easily catches up. He knocks Barry's footing causing him to trip, throwing Thad as he falls. Eobard picks up Thad, whose struggling to keep his eyes open and he says, "You are coming with me you little runt."

Thad tries to fight back but it doesn't work. Thad vibrates his hand and tries to stick it somewhere on Eobard but he catches it. "Trying to use my own tricks against me. You really are asking for it."

Eobard super speeds them to a wall and he starts to throw him at until Thad vibrates himself halfway through it. He couldn't take anymore of the abuse from Eobard and he'd rather die then go back to him.

An hour or so passes and he hears a voice one that sounded so familiar that made his insides hurt. "Thad? Aren't you gonna come out?"

The small hallucination brought him out of his state. He vibrates and not thinking straight he falls to floor. "Bart?!"

He looks around and sees Dawn and Don, Barry, and Wally waiting for him. Once he realizes it wasn't real he breaks down crying. Every inch of his body hurt, he's damaged both physically and mentally and the only person that could make him feel better was in a different time.

Everything was falling apart, not to mention he was doing everything he could to hold back a lightning surge. Finally the pressure had gotten to the point where he couldn't take it and he let out. It just exploded out of him, going in every direction spreading chaos.

The speedsters got everyone out safely and when they ran back inside to check on Thad they found him laying on his back clutching his chest. Don was the first person to run over to him and check for a pulse, when he didn't find one he started to do compressions, adding some of his lightning to each pump to try and kick start his heart.

After a couple of minutes of trying he quit and then started to run in a circle around Thad. They knew what he was going to do and they also knew it'd be suicide if they tried to talk him out of it. Once Don builds up enough energy he shoots a lightning bolt at Thad's body.

His body just lays their dormant, waiting, the lightning working its way through his body.