Part 5: Earning Trust

You are with the gang as Mal makes some love potion cookies.

Y/N: Why are we doing this again?

Evie: Only Ben, his parents, and his girlfriend are allowed close enough to the wand. So Mal's going to make Ben fall in love with her and take her to the coronation.

You look at the cookie dough and sigh.

Carlos: What's up, man?

Y/N: Hm? Oh nothing. Just thinking.

A girl walks in you never met before but Mal and the others told you about her. Lonnie, daughter of Mulan.

Lonnie: Hey, guys. Making cookies?

Mal: Yep.

Lonnie tries some dough but it seems not to affect her.

Lonnie: This reminds me of when my mom makes cookies.

Evie: Must be nice...

Lonnie: Hm?

Jay: Our parents never did stuff like that for us.

You look at your friends and they all seem very sad. You feel the same way. Hades hasn't done anything for you except gave you that dog whistle. Lonnie tears up and Mal catches the tear and mixes it into the dough.

The next day, you find Elise running track and field and after her lap, she jogs up to you.

Y/N: Hey.

Elise: Hey.

You go to a vending machine get her a bottle of water.

Y/N: I didn't know you ran in track and field.

Elise: It's fun. We were just finishing up some last minute practice before the Tourney match today.

You notice Mal trying to convince Ben to have a cookie but you start to lose track of what Elise is saying.

Elise: So... I was wondering... Would you go to the coronation with me?

Ben finally caves in and eats a cookie.

Y/N: Yes!

Elise laughs and smiles.

Elise: Awesome. I'll see you at the game!

Y/N: What?

She kisses your cheek and walks off to the showers.

Y/N: Uh oh...

Later at the Tourney match you cheer as Jay and Carlos work with Ben and the others to win the game. You notice Elise walk over with some nachos in hand.

Elise: Hungry?

Y/N: Sure. Thanks.

You take a chip and eat it. The cheese and meat leaves a great taste that beats anything you ate back on the Isle.

Suddenly, Ben breaks into a song for Mal and you can't help but laugh.

Y/N: What's gotten into him?

Elise: Beats me.

That night, you and the gang talk and you notice Carlos petting a dog.

Y/N: Are you actually petting a dog?

Carlos: You mean, Dude. Yeah.

Y/N: Guys, we have to focus on our mission. Remember. We're rotten...

Others: To the core...

But even you have a hard time saying it.

Y/N: I gotta go to my dorm. See you later.

You leave and the others look at each other silently.

End of Part 5