14

Benjamin | Casey

"hello?"

"you asshole! what kind of fuckery is it to leave that on someone's voicemail?"

"casey?"

"no, it's president barack fucking obama, who else do you think it is?"

"i didn't see who was calling, sorry."

"you should be sorry."

"casey, look it was-"

"i don't wanna hear it, benjamin. you hurt me. do you not understand that? do you realize all that pain you've caused me?"

"i didn't know she was going to be there! okay?"

"look, i don't-"

"no, listen to me, case. my mother has always loved my ex girlfriend more than i ever will and that's why she was there. i had no intention of you two meeting, ever. she's my past but you're my future. you're the one i wanna be with, not her."

"..."

"..."

"then why did you let her kiss you?"

"..."

"i should go."

"my mom has cancer."

"w-what?"

"she was diagnosed while i was working one day. i was really snappy that day, and nothing could make my day better. not even your ridiculous questions could lift my spirits. i took time off to take care of her and all she brought up was my ex girlfriend. i thought that if-"

"that's why you let her kiss you. you wanted to make your mom happy before she um..."

"yeah, but i pulled away instantly, casey. you have to know that i had no intention of hurting you. this was all my fault and if you want to break up, i understand. but it's your call, i support your decision because i love you, casey jackson."

"no, no, no! don't do that!"

"are you crying?"

"you don't get to say that, not right now, benjamin."

"but it's the truth."

"i just-i need to think."

"okay. im sorry."

"..."

"..."

"goodbye benjamin."

"casey wait-"

call ended