two

when the last bell rang, sunwoo and hyunjoon was ones of the first to bolt out of the class.

they walked down the hallway, meeting their other friend; eric sohn in the middle of the way.

the foreign boy was a transferee from america and just like them, eric also holds the title of bad boy. they immediately clicked together the first day they met, which was in the detention room a week after eric transfered to the school and fast forward until the present day, they were as closed as brothers.

eric suggested they hang out at the pc room and continued their quest on league of legends and hyunjoon instantly agreed. sunwoo, however, had different plan so he told them to go without him.

at the school entrance, they parted ways and sunwoo entered the school ground again, making his way to the back of the school building where he would be spending the rest of his afternoon there.

he plopped down on the bench with a sigh, bringing his school bag over his head to sheild his face from the blaring sunlight and let himself drift off to sleep.

this has becomes his routine every monday after school where he would be spending his afternoon by sleeping on the bench behind school building to kill time until he was able to go home.

apparently, this method was to avoid his parents from knowing that he had been skipping the tuition he was supposed to go every monday right after school ended.

why here? because school was the only place beside the institute that were set as safe-zoned in his phone. much to his misery, his parents were smart enough to track him down with his phone and the moment he went to places outside the safe-zoned, his parents would be notified instantly.

stupid technology, seriously.

sunwoo was so closed to dozing off when he heard the sound of vehicle coming. he peeked open an eye and saw a black, imported car zooming past him and entered the car park.

he was going to ignore it but a sudden thought in his mind — what was such an expensive car doing inside the school? — made he jolted up and scurried to the wall surrounding the car park to take a look at the situation going on.

he was kind of expecting to see some kind of drama — maybe the principal's secret lover visiting or some secret organisations doing drug deals — but the sight before his eyes was nothing like he imagine, or expected.

im shiho approached the car, her head hung low and eyes trained on the ground. she looked scared and the way she fiddled with the straps of her school bag, one could tell she was beyond nervous.

a man then stepped out of the car, dressed in expensive, tailored suit. he had a stern look on his face as he straightened his coat and stood facing the girl.

it didn't took long for sunwoo to recognise the man as shiho's father, from the resemblance he shared with her.

"a-appa." shiho's voice trembled as she called out, confirming sunwoo's suspicion.

"i received your result on the calculus test earlier." the man spoke out. even from hearing his voice, sunwoo got chills ran down his spine.

"what are your excuses this time?" he questioned, his voice was calm yet menacing.

"i-i—" the poor girl stuttered out, she was practically trembling in fear when her father slapped her across the face, even sunwoo flinched at the sound.

damn.

shiho's head was tilted from the impact, her shoulders hunching as she tried to hold in her cries.

"after all the money i used to pay for your studies, you can't even get me a perfect score in a measly test?" the man scoffed, "you are such a failure, im shiho."

sunwoo was speechless after hearing his comment. if the marks shiho got made her a failure, then what does that makes sunwoo? a good for nothing?

he almost cursed out loud at the absurd situation but hold himself back. as much as he wanted to teach the ignorant man a lesson, he was still intimidated by him. plus, he didn't want to stick his nose in other family's business.

the man entered the car again and sunwoo took it as a sign to return to his original position. he didn't realise that he had been holding his breath until the car drove past him and he breathed in relief.

that was when kim sunwoo heard the girl breaking down in tears, her sobs sounded so heartbreaking sunwoo felt his heart ached too.