Chapter 6

It has been three whole months since the car accident, and the whole school was shaken of Ashley Hofferson's actions, who they never knew her true self really was. 

Most importantly, Scott begins to grow insecure of Hayden's well-being. 

He went to Hayden's hospital room every day after basketball practice , 

but as he went, he also wants to check on Rachel and his best friend, Tim. 

Ever since Tim and Scott discovered of the accident, they always try to cheer Rachel up, but nothing ever works, no matter how desperate she was. 

He knocks on the Thorston household as Mr. Thorston notices it was Scott.  

"Oh, it's just you. If you want to see Rachel, she already left the house early this morning." 

That causes Scott to be surprised, which makes him more curious than ever. 

Ever since Hayden attended Berksville High, he has changed Rachel's life. 

"There is no way that Rachel has a thing for my cousin, is there?"  He thought, as he walks to the hospital to visit his cousin.

When he walks into the doorstep of the hospital room, he finds out that he wasn't the first person to arrived . 

In the room, it was Rachel Thorston , she holds Hayden's hand, as he knew that he couldn't interfere her visit. 

"Oh, Hayden, I wish that you didn't get in that car accident. I couldn't believe that Ashley would do something this horrible deed , just to be jealous of you. 

If someone was to blame, it's me. " 

Scott knew that she doesn't have to feel that way. He knew if Hayden was awake, he wouldn't like it if she was down. 

"It's not your fault, Rachel." He said, as Rachel saw the jock with pure shock. "Scott, what you doing here?"

"I came the same reason as you do. I'm worried about Hayden as much as you do. You can't loose hope on him, Rach. 

I just know that he'll wake up sooner than expected. He's Hayden, after all." The jock replies with a chuckle . 

Rachel asks, "How?!? How YOU  know about Hayden? You and him go to the same school together. " 

Scott seems stunned and amazed of how much Hayden didn't reveal to her that he and Hayden are cousins and schoolmates. 

Maybe that he was scared of admitting the truth about it, and in some ways, Hayden really did keep his promise of not ruining the reputation of being a jock , the captain of Berksville High. 

Scott said, "Wait, he hasn't told you?" Rachel looks at the jock curiously as he looks at the boy, with sadness. 

"Hayden and I , we are cousins, Rachel. It kinda makes me wonder... do you guys um like one other?" 

Rachel turns away from Scott, as she couldn't bare of looking at him. 

"Look, if Hayden was awake, he wouldn't like it if you felt bad for yourself. If anyone is to blame for this , it's Ashley." Scott said with determination. 

The Cheerleader sighs with sadness. 

Rachel returned to school , as she saw Ashley. 

Bursting with anger, she went towards her. 

"YOU!" Rachel said, with the whole school watching her. 

Ashley said, "Oh, look, the little twerpette has arrived. "

Rachel said, "You honestly think that this is funny?!? Hayden's in the hospital because of your actions! 

Tell me, why?!?"

Ashley leans into the lockers, "Honestly, you and Hayden are super close ever since that first day of school. 

I knew something is valuable to the both of you, something that you both want , a secret that the whole school doesn't want to know." 

The Cheerleader's eyes widen , as if she slowly realizes of Ashley's motives. 

"You wouldn't..." Rachel said, growing nervous. 

The school looks at Ashley, trying to listen to what she has to tell. 

"Hayden and Rachel love one other!!!!" Ashley reveals the truth! 

The students were in total shock of the revelation as Rachel runs away in tears, felt ashamed , as Ashley grins evilly. 

Hathor said, "Rach! " 

She turns to Ashley, "You really are a monster, Ashley Hofferson, and I bet that no one would consider you as a role model anymore ." 

Hathor races after the Cheerleader, hoping to talk to her best friend.