Just The Beginning pt. 2

"Oooh, look! Team colors!" Izzy pointed to the colored mats that our prizes were set/standing on. Ours was blue, Amazon's was red or pink, and Victory's was gold.

I sat on the blue mat with the goat, which I decided to name after the goat we had back home, Pequeño Jr. "You are such a handsome goat." I cooed, letting Pequeño Jr. rest on my lap. "You will let us ride you to our next destination, sí? I'm sure a big, strong goat like you can handle it." Pequeño Jr. bleated proudly, his chest puffing out with pride and I let out a laugh. "I'll take that as a yes."

I stood up, dusting off my pants and went back over to my team, Pequeño Jr. following me. "How are you good with animals? That goat hates me!" Tyler asked, slowly inching away from Pequeño Jr.

"My family owns a farm in Spain and we all take care of the animals there. Well, except for my abuela. She is a strong woman, yes, but she is getting old and frail. That's part of the reason I auditioned for this show. If I win, I can hire some hands to help us in the farm so abuela does not have to worry."

"O-M-G, Catalina, that is like, so sweet of you! You're dedicated to your family like I'm dedicated to my sweet, sweet Cody! That is sooooo soso cool!" Sierra crushed me in a hug and I laughed fakely, sending the boys a look pleading for help.

Thankfully none of the boys needed to intervene as Chef crashed his symbols together, signaling that Chris was giving us our next challenge. "I don't know about you guys, but I am loving Egypt!"

I rolled my eyes, prying myself from Sierra while she was distracted. "Te muestro qué más te encantará. Mi pie arriba tu-" I was cut off by a large hand covering my mouth.

"No hay necesidad de un lenguaje tan sucio, cariño." Alejandro teased with a grin.

I rolled my eyes and shoved his hand off my mouth. "Te mostraré lenguaje grosero, cariño."

"HEY. LOVEBIRDS. QUIT FLIRTING." Chris said pointedly, glaring at Alejandro and I.

I glared back, crossing my arms over my chest angrily. "Voy a terminar contigo, maldito truquero, estúpido culo hijo de puta. No sabrías coquetear si te entra por el culo y sale por la boca." I muttered angrily.

"Alright, señorita, you need a time out." Alejandro lifted me up and set me down facing away from Chris. "Spend some time with Pequeño Jr." I didn't protest, just angrily plopped down next to Pequeño Jr. and started petting him.

"As I was saying, before I was RUDELY INTERRUPTED." I knew Chris was looking at me and flipped him off. I could hear him rolling his eyes. That's how obvious it was. "And I'm gonna love it even more watching you perform your second challenge! The Amazing Camel Race!" There was a long pause.

"Where are the their camels?" Harold asked.

"There are no other camels! It's a camel race. Not a camels race." Chris explained.

"Yes!" Heather exclaimed excitedly.

"What?" Alejandro complained. Pequeño Jr. bleated angrily, offended.

"Hey. Pequeño Jr. is perfectly capable. He's as capable as a camel." I defended the goat, hugging him tightly. Pequeño Jr. bleated in agreement and nuzzled my face.

"We won last time. But they get a camel," LeShawna gestured to Team Amazon. "And they get a goat?!" She gestured over to my team. "And we get a stick?!" The glare she was giving Chris was almost as deadly as mine.

But of course, being the smug asshole he is, he ignored LeShawna's complaints. "All rewards has its advantages. Trust me. You'll be racing to the world's most infamous waterway. The Nile. Teams must bring their rewards all the way to the finish. You have 60 seconds to strategize."