Little Changes: Part 1 (aka chapter 1 part one)

(AN)I'm writing this at 4:00 in the morning. I'm tired. I have to wake up at 7:00. It's going to be literal trash. Deal with it. And yes, I promise there will be more than this one chapter. I'll explain some of the jokes later.

Ted let out a quiet sigh as he sipped from his bottle of watermelon juice. Chris sat beside him, smiling happily and petting Foffy, who honestly looked just as miserable as an crocodile with a tooth ache about it. Between them, Aiden was flopped upside down over the back of the couch, obviously bored.
Finally, he spoke up. "So Ted, you sure you aren't a vampire?" Ted didn't even look at him. "I already told you. Vampires don't exist." Aiden rolled his eyes. "Well, you obviously aren't human. You act like a freak and your looks match perfectly with your freak personality. Besides, it would explain a lot-"
Ted cut him off. "Especially about my fangs? I know. We've had this conversation before." Aiden huffed. "Anyways, just look at your dad! He's totally a vamp."
It was Ted's turn to roll his eyes. "Aiden my dad isn't a vampire or anything else but human. He's just a bit... excentric." Aiden stared at him for an uncomfortably long moment. "Right. Sure."
At that moment, Chris decided to wake up a little. "Guys! Stop bickering and let's do something!" The blonde gasped excitedly. "You can help me with my cat army!" Aiden rolled his eyes. "Freak! I'm not doing that."
Chris looked dejected. "Aww, why not?"
Aiden's reply was instant and honest. "Because I'm not a freak. Unlike you two." That made Ted look over. Aiden was always a critical, angry little boy, but recently he'd gotten a bit over the top.
Well, he had just turned 13. Perhaps it was his teenage hormones acting up. Either way he was being meaner than usual, even if it didn't show as much today. Or maybe he was just looking into things a bit too much lately because of his own teenage hormones. Whatever the case he wanted it to stop. "When did I become a part of your freak list?"
Aiden stared at him like he was crazy. "Since always! I've been calling you a freak since we met." Ted furrowed his eyebrows. Had he really? He'd heard the term thrown at him now and then but not enough to really count himself on the same level as Chris. It didn't seem like it. That boy was more wack than anything he could ever come up with. Just a second ago he'd mentioned his cat army for God's sake! No, Ted wasnt that bad. A bit strange maybe, but not that bad. At least in his own eyes.
Aiden stared at him a minute longer. "Are your teeth sharper than usual?"
Ted blinked. "What?" The boy folded his arms, annoyed. "Your teeth. They look sharper."
Ted sighed. He'd always had rather sharp teeth, especially his canines. It wasn't exactly a secret, but they couldn't just get sharper overnight. That's not how teeth work. Aiden was being paranoid and weird. Maybe he was the freak.
"No." He spoke simply, with much conviction. Truthfully, he'd noticed that himself lately, but he wasn't going to admit that to his tiny arch rival. A lot of things were slightly changed about him in the past few months. For instance, watermelon seemed shockingly less amazing now (but he still loved it like it was his own child) and he'd taken a liking to steak, but only when it was still rather raw. He'd only shrugged it off as growing up.But... was it something a bit more?
That's what Aiden thought. No, not thought, knew. Ted was changing. Just ever so slightly, in ways most wouldn't even notice. But Aiden had suspected something off about him for a long time and had therefore come to understand him better than anyone. He could tell. And he figured it had something to do with the fact that his brother's green haired, watermelon obsessed best friend wasn't human.

(AN: And that's all for this part. It's short, but I'm tired and its already been another hour. Need to wake up in 2 hours and I figure I should at least get that much sleep so goodnight y'all! I'll update with part 2 soon, promise)