Little Changes part 3

It wasn't a long ride back to his home, but with his dad asking so many questions, it sure as hell felt like it to Ted. He'd somehow got it in his head that Chris was his partner, probably from his mother. No matter how many times he explained it, that woman was absolutely convinced Chris was not only a female, but his girlfriend.
Which was completely inaccurate. They were just friends. Right?
He shook his head clear as he walked up the steps to his front door. Of course they were friends. Chris was just a nice guy, that's all. Maybe a bit loopy and with a borderline unhealthy obsession with cats, but nice.
"Who are you thinking about?"
The question caught him off guard. He jumped a bit, spinning around to see his father, leaning against the wall and staring at him. And smiling. He'd never noticed how sharp his dad's teeth were...
"Is it that boy again, hm? The one you spend so much time with?" Ted felt the tips of his ears burning.
"N-no."
His dad laughed and ruffled his hair affectionately. "Cute."

Five minutes later, Ted was locked in his room with a bottle of watermelon juice and a bright red face. Dad could be so intrusive sometimes.
He flipped through his comic casually, glancing up after what seemed like only 15 minutes to find it was dark outside. Since when? It had only been 5:30 when he'd come home! He looked at his phone to discover that it was now 12:30. What the?
He sat up and looked around. The house was dead quiet. Yeah, it was definitely midnight. His throat was inexplicably dry all of a sudden. The hell?
He quickly drained the rest of his bottle, but it didn't help much. So, he stood up and quietly snuck out of his room and down the stairs to the kitchen.
He opened the fridge for another bottle, only to be stared in the face by three jars containing blood red liquid and labeled as 'Breakfast,' 'Lunch,' and 'Dinner.' Okay yeah, this was getting weird. He felt an almost immediat attraction to them and had to catch himself mid reach for the closest one. Yeah, no thanks. They were probably his dad's.
He shrugged off the weirdness, grabbed his watermelon juice, and went back upstairs to sleep.
Only, he never fell asleep that night.