5%

⚜ S H A W N ⚜

“Hey, honey, what are you looking at?” mom speaks entering my room.

I shook my head slightly, still smiling like an idiot.

“Hmm, but I won't take no as your answer and you know it.” she stood in front of me eyeing me carefully.

I didn't say anything.

“I've never seen you smile like that since...uh y'know,” she shrugged off her shoulders, good, I don't want to hear her name though.

“So who's this special girl?”

I gave mom a look, it reads:  are you serious?

She narrowed her eyes at me then pats my shoulders, “I know it's because of a girl.”

I smiled at her, still determined not to say anything at all.

“Tell me.”

I shook my head like a little child who doesn't want to go home and still wants to play with his fellow friends.

A giggled escaped her lips, “Was it the Camila girl?”

I stare at her shocked, I must be gaping now.

“How did you..” I trailed off. But I collect myself immediately, “Camila girl?”

She grins at me wearing that look that reads, one point for mom and zero for Shawn, poor Shawn.

“Mom....”

“Who is she?”

I sigh in defeat, “she's just a funny girl...”

“You're texting with,” she ended my sentence. I look at her confused.

“Wait, how did you know?” I crossed my arms over my chest. She just laugh and sat beside me then rub my back.

“Do you—”

And it hits me. I realised it.

I frowned a bit, “Mom, did you use my phone?”

She grins at me, confirming it. I rolled my eyes at the back of head.

“Hey! I was checking if my son's doing good! And if he um...do such things he shouldn't!” she argue, I just rolled my eyes.

“I must have set a password,” I teased, shaking my head slightly.

“Okaaay, but Shawn, let's get back to this Camila girl,” she stared at me with dreamy eyes.

“Ugh, it's not worth it. It's not like you haven't seen our conversation.”

“I didn't.”

“Mom, you did.”

“I swear I didn't.”

I smile a little, being a bit surprise, “You really didn't?”

“Of course I'm not lying to you!” she defended herself, “But I would have, if you didn't enter the room that soon,” back again with that grin.

“Moooooom.”

“Aw, you sound sooooooo cute,” she pointed draging the word so, I really think it's cute, aw my mommy.

“Well, I have to go. I wish I could stay long with you so we could discuss this Camila girl but I really have to go.” she kissed my forehead. Then she stood up, “Shawn, I'll just remind you...”

I raised a brow at her, urging her to continue.

“It's just.....don't fall over a text.” she winks and left me alone.

I don't get why she acted like that.
And fall over a text?!
Is she serious?!
Me and Camila are just friends—oh, are we even friends?
Ugh, I got to clear that up.