Hope - Midorima x Reader (x Takao)

He can't stand this any longer. Day after day he's forced to watch you and Takao laughing, hugging and even kissing. You two seem to be so happy together and that makes him furious.

Midorima has feelings for you since you two first met a year ago. You moved from America to Japan and went to the same class as the boys. Takao befriended you pretty fast and soon you, Takao and Midorima were inseparable. You guys eat lunch together, study together and you never miss one of their games.

At first Midorima did everything to deny his feelings for you. But he caught himself starring at you during class more times than he can count and every time the two of you have body contact in some way his face would get as red as a tomato and he begins to stutter like a crazy person. When he thinks about it, he stutters half the time in your present, especially when he's alone with you.

After Midorima confessed his feelings to himself, things got even worse. It was like every time he was with you something embarrassing happened to him. No matter whether he stumbled in front of you or just said something awkward, he didn't miss out anything.

He doesn't know why you hang out with him anyway. Most of the people would describe him as a freak but you are always nice to him and you even bought him his lucky items a few times when he didn't had time to buy it. You're just perfect in his eyes. Your kind nature, your optimistic and relaxed personality, you're even interested in horoscopes!!!

But unfortunately, Takao had developed feelings for you too. Midorima doesn't get why he was so surprised to hear his teammate's confession. Of course others will be interested in a beautiful girl like you. Takao told him about his feelings for you one day after practice. This shocked Midorima so much, he didn't even tell Takao about his own feelings for you.

But you're Takao's girlfriend now and every chance he had is gone. Who is he kidding anyway? Like he ever had a chance. Someone as gorgeous and popular as you would never date someone like him. He's not the most charming nor funny person after all.

It hurts him to know that you're too good for him. Compared with Takao he doesn't have the ghost of a chance. Takao can make you laugh all the time, he's more attractive and most of all he isn't a tsundere like him. He never envied Takao before but since you two are together he can't stop himself.

Today practice gets cancelled because the couch doesn't feels well. Nevertheless, Midorima wants to shoot a few hoops to clear his mind. But he fails miserable, none of his throws goes in the basketball hoop. You're really able to make him crazy. Day in day out he has to see you in Takao's arm and it hurts him like hell.

About 30 minutes later he has to admit that he won't accomplish anything today. So he decides to go home in hope he can distract himself in some way. On his way home he has to pass a little park. As he sees couples everywhere he gets more and more depressed. He's sure he will lost his mind sooner or later because of you. God, he wishes he had never met you.

He's nearly at the end of the park when he sees a (h/c) girl crying on a bench. The moment he realizes it's his crush he runs towards you. "______, what happened? Are you hurt?" You look at him with puffy eyes and a red nose. "Oh, Shintaro. It's you."

You can't say anything else because you continue crying hysterically. Midorima never saw you like this before and to be honest, he had never been more overwhelmed in his life. "I- eh – don't cry, nanodayo. Y-you-Should I call Takao?" "NO!" you scream way too fast. "I don't want anything to do with this ass!" you tell him vociferous. After that you hide your face in your hands and start sobbing once more.

Midorima asks you what's wrong but you're too troubled to answer him at first. After a few minutes you finally tell him what's wrong. "Takao... he- he broke up with me. He said that he doesn't love me anymore and he has feelings for someone else now..." Even if Midorima isn't the best one with feelings, he notices how hurt you are. He can't believe Takao broke up with you. He thought you two are happy.

You force Midorima in a tight hug, so you can cry on his shoulder. His entire face turns red immediately and his heart begins to beat way too fast. He's lucky you're too upset to notice that. After his first shock he hugs you back and pets your head hesitantly to comfort you.

"I'm such an idiot. Of course he doesn't want to be with me. I'm just a burden for anyone." "What are you talking about, nanodayo? You... you aren't a burden. Takao is an idiot for letting you go, nanodayo."

He was furious to see how hurt you are because of Takao. Midorima should have known better. Takao's sign and your sign aren't even compatible (unlike cancer and your sign who fits together perfectly).

"Thank you, Shintaro. I'm glad to have you," you smile through your tears. In this moment Midorima knows he will do everything to make you feel better in hope you will love him someday as much as he loves you.