Date - Seto x poor!insecure!reader

Words: ~ 1950

Initial situation:

The single mother of his s/o doesn't afford much money. Because of that the s/o has a part time job in a café to support their mother the best they can. They are glad they can help their mother but life isn't easy for them.

His s/o gets bullied in school because they can't afford any brand-name clothes or the newest smartphones. People make fun of their old flip phone and the second-hand clothes they wear outside from school.

Because of their bullies his s/o tries to be as unremarkable as possible to avoid everything that encourage them to terrorize them more. They are everything but confident because they don't really have any friends in school.

Your POV:

It's another ordinary Monday morning as you walk to your school, Kirisaki Daichi High. You lazily enter your classroom and sit down on your seat in the corner. Silently you wait till class finally starts. As your classmate Seto Kentaro enters the room some of your female classmates literally run to him to greet him. God, they really fangirl him all the time just because he's one of the best basketball players of the school.

To be honest, you have a little crush on him. He's rather attractive with his height, his silky hair and his beautiful grew eyes after all. Nonetheless probably doesn't even know your name...

You don't even notice you're staring at him like an idiot until Seto returns your gaze. You look away immediately and your cheeks turn red. 'How embarrassing'. In the next moment you notice that he leaves his fangirls to approach you. 'Oh shit! What does he want? Will he ask why I was staring at him? He's befriended with the infamous Hanamiya after all. It's possible that he wants to denounce me.'

"Good morning. (L/n)-san, right?" "Err, yes?" you ask hesitantly. "I heard you're the top student in English and I thought we could learn together after school," he declares. Your first thought is that he makes some kind of joke. The moment you say 'yes' he would laugh at your naivety. You play nervously with your fingers while you agree.

"Great, basketball practice goes till 6. Do you have time afterwards? We can learn in the library." "Y-yeah, sure," you smile at him still a bit uncertain. Normally, you work till 7 pm but on Monday your shift is already over at 4.30 pm.

Suddenly two of his fangirls approach the two of you. One of them start laughing: "You really want to learn with her? I can also teach you, you know?" "Why should I? She/He's much more intelligent than you," Seto retorts annoyed. "Well at least I'm no ugly freak with no friends like her/him." "Right, when you spend too much time with her/him, you'll get as unpopular as her/him," the other girl adds spiteful.

Your eyes well up with tears but you do everything possible to blink them back. Before you or Seto can respond the teacher enters the classroom and tell everyone to take their seats.

For the rest of the day you do everything to avoid your classmates. You leave the classroom on breaks and eat lunch alone in an empty place. 'Why can't they just stop bullying me?'

After you shift ends you hurry to be punctual. You arrive and notice Seto isn't here yet. 'Will he even come after the conversation with our classmates earlier? They're right after all. Someone like him shouldn't waste his time with a loner like me.' You already want to leave the library because you're sure he won't come anymore. But in this moment you notice your crush.

"Seto-kun, you're here." "Of course I am. Why do you sound so surprised?" "I-err- I just thought you wouldn't come because- err- you know- what our classmates said, s-so I-err-thought..." "You shouldn't care about what they say, (l/n)-san. There just some idiots, so don't mind them. Come on let's start," he says while takes your arm to lead you to a free seat.