Special - Haizaki x Reader

Words: ~970

Fluff

Your POV:

You thought it was some kind of joke when Haizaki told you he bought two tickets for your favorite musical/play. He never made any afford for your dates and the two of you are together for nearly 2 years. You asked him if he feels guilty because he betrayed you or something like that but Haizaki swears he only wants to make something special.

It makes you extremely happy that he bought these tickets because you always wanted to do more with him than laying on your bed and watching some series. Of course you enjoy these lazy days inside in which you can cuddle him all day but you want some variation for a while now. Every time you told him you wanted to do something different he would come up with some random excuse to stay inside. Some days it's too cold, on others it's too hot. Sometimes he's too tired and the rest of the time he has to show you his new favorite series because he wants to know your opinion.

So you make yourself ready for your big date. You're so excited. You wear a pretty black dress with matching black shoes and an elegant gold necklace. Normally, you don't wear any/much make-up but for today you decide to put a bit mascara and subtle lipstick on. You also make your hair a bit. You want to look perfect for today.

Haizaki's POV:

He's already late. He told his s/o he would pick them up at 6 to walk with them to the musical/theater. His tie nearly choked him, he already regrets he decided to wear one. But he has to make this evening special.

Haizaki knows he isn't the best boyfriend. He's late all the time, never does something romantic and it seems like he says something hurtful half the time. He had to apologize to you much more times than he can count.

Your best friend Kuroko told Haizaki a few days ago it makes you sad that he never goes out with you. According to Kuroko you think he doesn't care about you anymore. You even cried because of that!

That's the reason this evening has to be special for his s/o. He runs along the street and finally reaches their house. He rings the bell as fast as he could, he just hopes they aren't angry because he's late.

A few moments later, his s/o opens the door. And what Haizaki sees is just stunning. He had never seen them this styled before. It's probably the first time in his life he doesn't know what to say. But you just look so gorgeous right now. Haizaki just stares at her for several seconds before he starts to speak.

"I'm sorry I'm late, babe. But shit, you're looking fucking hot." He notices the smile which appeared on his s/o's lips and the little blush on their face. "Thank you, Shougo. You look pretty good as well. I never thought you would ever wear a tie but here you are. I have to confess you look rather good in this outfit...so, shall we go?"

The two of you walk together as he puts his arm around you. Today he will try to resist his urge to touch their butt. Normally, he does this quite often in public (and in private of course). They talk about anything and everything during their walk which creates a comfortable atmosphere.

For Haizaki, this musical/play is the most boring thing in the world. How can you like something like that? Why is he even doing this? He used to sleep with a girl from his school a lot before he met you. He never had 'dates' with them. He just called them when he needed them. It was the easiest thing ever. Haizaki never really cared about their feelings. They were toys for him to use. He changed them randomly without a second through.

But you were something different. He tried to deny it for so fucking long but one day he had to confess to himself he cares for you. Haizaki doesn't even know why he has fallen so hard in love for you. You weren't like his other girls. You were intelligent and quite mature for your age. He can talk with you and you're probably the only person he can really trust.

He also doesn't know why you didn't leave him already. Both of you know you deserve something better. Nevertheless, you accept all his flaws and love him for who he is without complaining.

So he will stand though this horrible show. Next time, he will just get a table in a restaurant though. At least he has something to eat there. How long will it take till this nonsense is finally over?

After the musical/theater he accompanies his s/o on their way home. "Did you like the musical/act?" they ask friendly. "Yeah, yeah it was great."

"You hated it, right?" "How would you know?" "I saw it in your face," his s/o says with a smile." Of course I hated it, I mean god (y/n). How can you like something like that?" Subsequently, they begin to laugh, Haizaki joins them soon after.

"Now seriously, why did you do this? Why did you buy these tickets anyway?" they ask him curiously. "Because I'm your boyfriend and that's what boyfriends do." "Before the date, I thought you want to break up with me," they confess quietly. Even for Haizaki it's obvious his s/o is hurt. He never wanted that. That wasn't his aim. Even if he never says it out loud he wants to keep this relationship.

"Why should I? I won't break up with you, you idiot... You belong to me after all," he begins to smirk. "And you deserve something special."