Recitation

Listening to recitation is the perfume of the souls, the calmer of hearts and the food of the spirit. It is one of the most important psychological medicine. It is a source of pleasure, even to some animals - pleasure in moderation purifies inner energy, enhancing the functioning of the faculties, slows down senile decay by driving out diseases, improving the complexion and refreshes a minty odour which lingers the entire body.

Pleasure in excess, on the other hand, makes the illness of the body grow worse.

The benefits of listening to recitation are increased when it is understood - that is, when its meaning has been acknowledged. Some may ask, " what is meant by recitation?" And a reply said "it is what conveys the truth and what points hearts towards the truth." However when he was asked to define what a beautiful voice is, he replied, "It is speech and intonation in which he has added perfume."

Once i was sat alone one day in my bare and peaceful house reciting until someone created a remark, to which i replied, "Even if i am alone, i recite, as men are accustomed to do." In which i added, "Recitation is the provision of the travellers."

He indeed, was very fond of recitation. However he didn't enjoy being attentive to songs. In fact he would be lost in the rhythmic percussion of waves on sand. His eyes are steady to the horizon, face aglow with the last orange rays before twilight beckons the stars. His lips bear the semblance of a smile, just enough to show that he is enjoying his thoughts, whatever they may be. Slowly drifting they move closer so that he feels the presence, yet stays quiet, allowing him to stay lost in the moment a while longer.

Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment, i would love to hear what you think. Don't forget to share if you think this will help others🙂

Thank you x