Imperfections

I don't mean to sound cliché but your personality, your sense of humour, your intelligence, surely that's more important. When we're faced with physical imperfections we deem to the flaws, we seem to put so much focus on them that we dismiss the bigger picture. Never forget just how much there is that makes you, you. You're obviously a diamond – scars or not but they make you, you! I've been notified to move my attention away from the physical part of my identity and focus on my internal landscape and to deal with painful feelings of insecurity, self-hate and negativity.
...........................................................................

When the heart is in ice, when the soul searches over wasteland with no features to hold, know that there is love in the world for you. When there is only cold darkness and the space around your skin feels like a void, just know that life gets better. When the walls are too thick to breach, stay strong, perhaps those walls are there to protect you. There is beauty for you ahead, just know there is. There are times in this life we live only a day at time, that we ride the river with no oars, taking what comes and doing our best. Improvising if we need to. But there will come a time when you will find a safe person to trust and everything will go right, and maybe you'll be their safe person too. No matter your age, you need love every bit as much as food, water and air. Love is our birthright, an intrinsic part of our soul and what it means to be human.

When she looks in the mirror she sees brokenness, anger, hurt, hunger, pain, sorrow and the list goes on. When other people look at her all they see is her, her reflection. But that's because they don't see her true self, her inner pain because she hides it from the world. Afraid of what they would think of her. But as soon as that special someone came, they were not beside her in the mirror. But looking back at her. They changed that brokenness, to once again anger to joy, that hurt to happiness, hunger to full, pain to kindness, sorrow to glorious. That old torn down self to a beautiful living spirit that once walked the earth always looking down just wondering where the next road would lead her. But now she's free, thanks to that special someone. That special someone that simply told her just to smile. That special someone who was just trying to look out for her. That special someone who thought they knew the real her, but only knew what she wanted them to know. That special someone had no idea that they just saved a life. That special someone was her, her reflection, that little girl in the mirror. You know that one looking back at her, pointing out all her imperfections. Trying to tear her down. But there was a little part of her heart that was still beating. Knowing she did have a place in the world, she just had to find that spark, that spark to just start that fire back up. And she found it, that spark was just a simple little smile. Her smile brought back her true color. Who knew a smile could change her life, forever.

Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment, i would love to hear what you think. Don't forget to share if you think this will help others🙂

Thank you x