Chapter 58 | The Power of the Time Turner

In the hospital wing, Rose was sitting on the side of the bed. She reached down and grasped onto Harry's hand, squeezing it slightly. She touched the side of her head and closed her eyes, wincing in pain. Her fingers danced across the small cloth over her wound.

Slowly, Harry's green eyes fluttered open. He breathed a small sigh of relief, staring at the ceiling of the hospital wing. In that moment, Rose leaned over to whisper his name quietly to herself. And Harry's lips twitched into a soft smile upon hearing her sweet and gentle voice.

He turned his head and looked into her concerned eyes. She tilted her head to the side, raising her eyebrows in slight confusion. He smiled to himself, stirring up in his place. His mind was racing with the memories earlier that day. He had seen someone on the other side of the lake.

"I saw my dad," Harry blurted out.

"What?" Rose questioned, knitting her eyebrows in confusion. He turned his head and looked at her with wide eyes, nodding his head in utter confirmation. The smile on his face did not fade away at the memory. He continued smiling at the happy memory.

"He sent the dementors away. I saw him across the lake," Harry insisted. Hesitantly, Rose reached up and placed the back of her hand across his head. She pursed her lips together in thought, grabbing the small vial from her leather belt.

"You are delirious," Rose concluded. She unscrewed the top of the small vial, leaning forward in her place. She reached up and pinched his chin, forcing his mouth open. However, Harry grabbed her wrist and pushed her hand away. He shook his head in denial.

"I know what I saw," Harry stated. "He was there."

"Harry," Rose breathed. She turned her head and looked away for a brief second, closing her eyes. She breathed a small sigh, shaking her head in denial. She turned her attention back to him, raising the small bottle in her hands. She offered him a drop of the cordial.

Hesitantly, Harry leaned back on the pillows beneath his head. He stared up at the ceiling, willingly opening his mouth for a single droplet of the crimson cordial. She leaned forward and tipped the bottle on its side, allowing one droplet to drop onto his lips.

Subconsciously, Harry's pink tongue darted out of his mouth. He licked his lips, drinking the single droplet of the cordial. He closed his eyes momentarily, feeling his wounds closing due to the magnificent power of the healing cordial. He breathed a small sigh of relief, allowing his body to relax.

In response, Hermione walked towards the bed. She looked down at them with a look of concern in her eyes. She licked her lips, swallowing the heavy lump in her throat. She cleared her throat awkwardly, shifting on her feet.

While Hermione looked down at Rose for some sort of permission, Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Both girls nodded their heads at each other as if they were granting each other permission to say something.

"They've captured Sirius," Hermione said. "Any minute, the dementors are gonna perform the kiss."

As a result, Harry was practically scrambling to sit up in his place. He tossed his legs over the side of the bed, staring at the two girls with wide eyes. His lips parted open, gaping at them in utter disbelief.

"You mean they are gonna kill him?" Harry asked, staring at the girls with a look of horror in his eyes. The two girls looked at each other for a brief moment, shaking their heads in denial. They turned their attention back to the young boy, denying his accusation.

"No," Rose said. "It's worse. Much worse."

"They're going to suck out his soul," Hermione concluded. In that moment, the two large doors to the hospital wing were pushed open. The headmaster of the school walked into the hospital wing, eyeing the four children in the room.