Two. Working Together.

"Start your life with your head held high
Now you're on your knees
With your head hung low
Big man tells you where to go
Tell 'em it's good
Tell 'em okay
Don't do a goddamn thing they say
Oh, Lord, heaven knows
We belong way down below
Oh, Lord, tell us so
We belong way down below..."
Heaven Knows
-The Pretty Reckless

"Heaven Knows-The Pretty Reckless

CRYSTAL

It's morning.

I rush to Calculus and take the seat in the back corner I picked yesterday.

The bell rings and still no sign of Conan.

He's probably running late again, but I'm hoping he just doesn't show up at all.

I try not to think about him and distract myself with trying to listen to what Mrs. Summers is saying, but I keep zoning in and out.

Maybe thirty minutes pass by before the classroom door opens and my heart sinks into my stomach.

He briefly glances my direction, and it takes everything I have not to give him a death glare.

I'm half tempted to stick my tongue out at him, I bet that would throw him off.

Instead I just doodle in the corner of my paper.

Don't let him intimidate you. You got this. He can't do anything to you with so many humans around.

I overhear him giving Mrs. Summers a note.

"Oh, we actually have an excuse this time? Very well, Mr. Knight, go take your seat."

I don't even have to look up to know he's coming toward the same desk as yesterday.

I set down my pencil and cross my arms and give him the most intimidating look I can as he stretches his long legs out and places his hands behind his head.

"You got a problem, Fangs?" He mumbles to where only my sensitive hearing could pick up as he lazily looks my way and raises an eyebrow.

I want to slap that cocky look right off his stupid, ruggedly handsome face.

"Yeah. Why do you have to sit by me?" I whisper, annoyed.

At that, he straightens up and turns to face me.

"I have sat here since the beginning of the school year, so technically you're sitting by me." He sneers.

I roll my eyes before looking back down at my text book.

"Plus," He licks his finger and turns a page in his own. "I can keep an eye on you."

I immediately snap my head back up.

"I've got something you can keep your eye on right here, you son of a-"

"Mr. Knight and Miss Fox!"