Three. Face to Face with The Wolf

"Shape shift, in wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself
Shape shift, nose to the wind
Shape shift, feeling I have been
Move swift, all senses clean
Earth's gift, back to the meaning
Back to the meaning of wolf and man ."

Of Wolf and Man

-Metallica

CRYSTAL

The next day I make it to Mrs. Summers class right on time, and almost faint from the surprise of seeing that Conan has beat me there. He's stretched out in his desk with his hands behind his head like usual,and smirks when he sees me.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, Fangs." He says as I take my seat.

"Well, you're actually here on time, so I'm about to die of shock."

All he does is snort in reply and face the front. I almost swear he's trying not to laugh.

Mrs. Summers enters and immediately looks at us.

"Well, Mr. Knight, Miss Fox? I'll grade your papers first."

"I have it all in my bag." I say as I dig in my backpack for my binder.

I unclip the papers we worked on yesterday, then hand them to her.

She walks back to her desk before picking up a red pen as she begins to look over them.

"Better hope you saved your ass after yesterday, Knight." A boy about three desks down whispers.

"Shut up, Jones." Conan nonchalantly replies as a couple of other classmates chuckle.

"That's enough with the noise." Mrs. Summers says without looking up from her grading.

I impatiently tap my nails on my desk. I notice my black and pink nail polish is chipping.

"Well done." Mrs. Summers says, a slight half smile on her face as she looks back up at us.

"A's for both of you. I'm pleasantly surprised."

Conan looks calm as ever as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Now, continue to surprise me by keeping quiet during my class."

I nod my head, silently.

I glance over at Conan who is just smirking, cockily.

"And sit up straight, Conan!" Mrs. Summers adds before moving on to take papers from other students to grade.

Conan rolls his eyes before sitting up.

We keep quiet and just stay to ourselves the rest of class. I feel as though there is less tension in the air, however.

After school I feel an all too familiar pain in my stomach.

Shit. It's that time of the month again.