Somebody

You should've known better
than to listen to your heart again.
People change with the weather.

You put it back together.
Don't let it fall apart again.

In my head I knew better.
I won't blame it on my faults again.
I know I should forget (him).

I don't really like anybody,
so don't tell me I'm like anybody.

All the things I could live without
I need it now 'cause they're all around me.
Only thing that I can't afford is to lose myself,
trying to be somebody.

Somebody by The Chainsmokers

~oOo~

April 1999

Reclining on a window ledge; his head nestled comfortably in Pansy's lap, Draco quietly watches the fluttering Snitch hovering near the ceiling. After quite a bit of trial and error, he has finally succeeded in Charming it to only fly on command.

Smiling faintly, he gently flicks his wand, sending the Snitch zipping across the empty classroom; the soft buzz of its gossamer wings sounding a tad too loud in the silence that surrounds them.

Pansy huffs in mild annoyance, looking up from her Ancient Runes textbook. Seeing that Draco is far too preoccupied with his sodding Snitch, a flash of mischievous glee flits through her obsidian eyes.

Carefully, so as to not rouse Draco from his idle musings, Pansy fishes through her school bag. Then, with a resounding smack, a rolled up parchment unceremoniously lands on Draco's forehead, startling a rather inelegant squeak from him.

"What the fuck—?!" He sputters in outrage, followed by an incoherent string of a profanities.

Losing the support of Draco's Magic, the Snitch falters, falling. But before it could touch the dusty floor, Draco casts a hurried Accio, sending the little, golden ball shooting towards his outstretched hand.

Closing his fist protectively around his most cherished memento, Draco shoots the smug culprit a venomous glare, "Cow." He hisses.

"And you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Pansy arches an eyebrow, idly waving her makeshift baton.

"Hit me again, Parkinson, and you can kiss your beloved eyebrows goodbye."

Her lips curling into a sneer, Pansy rolls her eyes, making a grand show of putting the rolled parchment away. Draco flips two fingers in her face, but it only earns him an amused smirk from Pansy.

The stare at each other in mutinous silence, engaged in a battle of wills.

Until finally, "Honestly, Draco—" Pansy sighs, tacitly admitting defeat. She sweeps Draco's fringe off his forehead, staring intently into his steely, grey eyes. "You've been fiddling with that blasted Snitch for weeks now. You should be focusing on your revisions. Your NEWTs aren't going to get an O by themselves, you know?" She pauses, before continuing slowly, watching Draco's reaction. "Besides... pining isn't a good look on you. You're being pathetic."