Truth No. 1: Everyday Life

Alex's POV

"That's all for today. Questions anyone?" I asked while looking at everyone's eyes. When no one is raising their hands, I ended the meeting then walk to my office.

"Alex, Ms. Elaine is in line 2." my secretary told me when she came in.

"Thank you, Roxy. You can now have your lunch. I'm sorry for disturbing your break." I said with a smile.

"It's okay. Aalis na po ako. Hindi po ba kayo magpapabili ng lunch?" Tanong nito bago umalis.

"No, thanks. Magoorder na lang ako online. Enjoy your lunch." I said before she closes my door. I take the call after I hurriedly order something from a fast food chain.

A few minutes after the call, dumating na rin ang order ko. As I open it, I cannot help but sigh cause I will be having a working lunch again. I turn my swivel chair to the view na nasa likuran ko. Sometimes I do people watching or just look at the sky kapag gustong magdestress from my work. After a few minutes of gazing to the view in front of me, I walk to a cabinet full of wine and scotch in the corner of my office. Nagsalin ako ng konting scotch sa baso ko at inisang lagok ito. At napapalatak ako sa ginawa ko.

I think I'm getting alcoholic!

I chuckled lightly.

After a few minutes of enjoying the view, I went back to my lunch while  reading the documents I need to sign para kahit papaano kumonti ang trabaho ko.

Nicole's POV

"As I said before, we are going to deliver the items on the 24th." I said to my client.

"Well that's great to hear. It's way ahead of our time table." Mr. Uy said. I just smiled with his compliment. Our company pride itself with efficient service to the client in whatever circumstances we have.

"Please sign this for our next transaction." I said in a formal tone.

"Getting to business already?" Nakita kong naiiling na nangingiti si Mr. Uy.

"I don't want to waste anytime." I said nonchalantly. After signing the documents, we hand shake and I offered him lunch but he declines. Inihatid ko sya sa labas ng aking opisina bilang paggalang na rin.

"You need to slow down, hija." Mr. Uy said to me before he pressed the button of the elevator.

"Don't worry, Ninong. I'll keep that in my mind" I said then kissed him on the cheeks before he went away.

"Che, can you please print the documents I need to present for my meeting later then you can have your lunch?" I ask my secretary when I walked to her desk before going in to my office. Then I go back to sit on my desk and look at the different files in it.

"Yes ma'am. Do you want me to order you anything for lunch?" Che asked me with the same business tone I have. Sumunod sya sa akin nung pumasok ako sa loob ng aking opisina. I look at my watch and sigh.

Lunch na pala.

"Yes please. Thank you." I said then went back to my computer. After a few minutes of browsing the different files and correcting it, I heard my door open. I look at it and see Che walk to my other table to prepare my lunch. As I am going to walk towards the table to eat, my cellular phone for business rings.

"Hello. Good afternoon. How may I help you?" I answered in my business tone and lunch forgotten for the 3rd time this week.

Alex's POV

Before I could go out of my office, my phone rings loudly in my bag. Dali- dali kong kinuha ito at napangiti ako ng makita ko kung sino ang tumatawag.