Truth No. 4: Looking at you

Alex's POV

"So how is the new partnership with Kitchen You Need Company?" Anne asks while slicing up the steak in her plate.

"It's going well. In fact, Dillan is personally over seeing the process in Italy." I said then offer the meat I slice up to Carol. Carol takes it and hug again my right arm while chewing. I want to chuckle at her antics but Carol might get mad at me.

"Is she still looking at us, hon?" Carol asks when she finishes swallowing her food.

"Yeah. And I can't read what's on her mind." Anne answers then subtly look at Nicole and Justin's table.

"She's the CEO of the company right?" Carol asks me while looking at me. She simply motion me to kiss her forehead which I obliged to do before answering her with a nod.

I know what Carol is doing but I don't know why she has to do it.

"I think she is observing you. And based on what I've heard, she is a control freak especially to her company." Carol says then reach for her glass of wine to sip. I look at her confused but I know Carol, she wouldn't obviously give the answer to me.

"Don't you think its will not be good for Alex's image if you are clinging like a baby to her?" Anne asks without malice or jealousy which makes me more confuse than ever.

"Hmmm...it can be good and it could be bad but I want Nicole to get the message that Alex's preference has nothing to do with her job." Carol cryptically says then smirks at us. I look at her with a puzzled expression.

"Spill it, hon." Anne says impatiently.

"Lets just say that Nicole is not very fond of people like us." Carol answers then cling again to my right arm.

"Oh. Well, my preference will never be an issue to us especially that she is ignoring me and I don't want to have anything to do with her except the partnership." I say then offer a slice of my steak to Carol which she takes again. I can see that Anne is looking behind us and I can't help but look on what she is looking at.
I see Nicole and Justin heading towards our table.

"Good evening, ladies." Justin greeted with a smile.

"Good evening to you too. Do you want to take a seat?" I say politely.

"No, we just stop by to say hi to you and to your friends here. By the way, I'm Justin Trino and the lovely lady here is Nicole Santillan." Justin introduces them to my friends and offers his hand for a hand shake.

"Hi! I'm Carol Lumia." Carol says with a smile and accepts Justin's hand shake and to my surprise bineso nya si Nicole na sa tingin ko ay nasurpresa din pero mabilis ding nawala ito sa kanyang mukha.

"Do you happen to be the owner of the Mysterious Events?" Justin asks.

"Yes, the one and only." Carol says with a proud tone.

"Oh! I like your style. One of my niece party was organised by your team and everyone is still dazed with it." Justin giddily says. Carol thanks Justin politely for his compliment.

"Hello, I'm Anne Baron." Anne introduces when Justin offers his hand towards him.

"So you are the Michelin chef on the go?" Nicole says with amazement. Anne just nods her head and give her a small smile.

"Wow. I can't believe I will meet you two tonight." Justin appreciatively says. I can't help but chuckle with Justin's reaction towards meeting my friends.

"Well, the same goes to you too." Carol says.

"In that case, we will not interrupt more your dinner. Good bye. I hope we can eat together some other time." Justin says.