Truth No. 7: Fire Starer

Alex's POV

"Can you tell it again. This time with the whole action in it." Request ni Carol tapos tumawa ng impit. She is referring to the time when I had an incident with Nicole in the elevator na nasaksihan din ng kanyang ama.

Ilang weeks ng nangyari yun pero Carol still finds it funny.

"Hon, please stop it. Alex might find it offending already." Sawata ni Anne kay Carol. Itinaas lang ni Carol ang mga kamay nya to surrender pero nakangisi pa rin sya. 

"It's okay. You know I love Carol especially when I'm the center of her jokes." I sarcastically remark.
Carol just hold up her hands higher to feign surrender but her smirk says otherwise.

"Nga pala, Alex, I will be having an event in Batangas and I think you will like the place." Carol informs me.

"Come with us. I volunteered to be  their chef for the event." Anne says.

"Oh you gonna love it there cause we have our own cabana with private shore line. I only agreed to this event due to that incentives. I hope everybody likes to have this much needed break?" Carol looks at me with her best puppy eyes.

"I hope it's secluded enough for me to have an alone time and read books." I answer then drink some more of the wine.

"Yes! Of course. You will have your own cabana, as you know I don't want an uninterrupted and private alone time with my honey." Carol smirks at Anne and all I can see is Anne's blush from here.

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of interrupting your private time." I answer back then making a gagging sound.

The two just laugh with my reaction.

—————————————————

After a few days of making sure that the work I will leave behind will not be caught in a disaster, nagpaalam ako kay Roxy na magleleave ako. I see Roxy's approving smile before I left the building and drove to Anne's house.

We agreed na si Anne will be the one driving for us in the event. Everything is already set-up in a private property in one of the high-end beaches there but  Carol being Carol, she personally oversees everything. And Anne being Anne won't let Carol work her to death kaya naging chef-on-the-go sya. 

"Are we all set?"  Anne asks while making sure that everything is in place on the back of her car.

"Yes,hon." Carol answers then kisses Anne on her right cheek. I just nod and open the back seat to make myself comfortable.

We are halfway through the road when my phone rings.

Love
calling...

A wide smile spreads to my face upon seeing the call.

"Hi, love." I greet the other person on the line.

"Hi, love! How's your vacation so far?"

"We are not yet there but I'm starting to feel relax." I answer enthusiastically.

"Can you say my thanks to Carol and Anne for forcing you to be there?"

"I will and they didn't force me, love." I answer with a pout.

"Knowing you, Carol needs to use her charm for you to come."

"Don't let Carol hear that coz her head might get bigger." I counter back.

"Hey! What's that?!" Carol asks with furrow brows. She looks back at me and trying to get the phone pero iniwas ko to. After a few more minutes, we end the call with a promise na magkikita after my vacation in Batangas.