Reaper x Reader ~ Propositions

"What do you mean there are Talon agents forty meters away from me?" I hissed back into my cell phone

"What do you mean there are Talon agents forty meters away from me?" I hissed back into my cell phone. It took several minutes for the gorilla to respond, having left Winston stunned.

"Reaper is holding citizens as hostages," He explained, tone a bit sheepish due to my outburst. "You're the only agent in the area. Besides you, McCree is the closest, but he's an entire city over."

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I took a long sip of my cooling coffee. "Listen," I drawled after draining a large majority of the drink, "Why don't we get the authorities to deal with this? Overwatch is done, Winston."

It had always been hard to deal with me, though Winston had known this. Beforehand, he'd mentally prepared himself to carry out my call, expecting the worst and receiving it. "There are innocent lives at stake," He spoke in a levelled voice, "There are only two Talon agents spotted. I guarantee you'll take them out in no time, then you can go and take a long nap at home or something."

The thought was tempting, I'd had to admit. "Reaper and what army?"

"Just Widowmaker," Winston informed me, "She's overhead, you'll have to take her out before saving the hostages and immobilizing Reaper."

I bit my lip, thinking over the situation. It wasn't that difficult, but that had only made the event seem all the more sketchy. "I have a backup gun in my purse," I stated, "I can take them both out with the ammo I have."

"Great," Winston breathed in relief, "A call would be great when you've dealt with the agents."

"Noted," I said dully, ending the call abruptly. I finished the rest of my coffee quickly, distastefully noticing how cold the liquid had become. Finally, I left a bill on the table, leaving the small Café in search of commotion.

Weaving through the streets was easy, not many people were out this afternoon. It was obvious to find where the agents were, however. I saw a couple exchanging hushed fearful whispers as they turned a corner in a sprint, that was all I needed to locate the Talon agents.

Tossing my purse carelessly in a nearby alley, I mentally memorized the buildings surrounding before heading down the street they came from. A pistol was gripped tightly in my hand as I rounded the corner. I stopped at the sight before me, taking in the situation quickly.

The Reaper stood with his back turned towards me, a weeping girl laid by his feet. Several other citizens were on their knees around him. Some of the hostages were terrified, while others put on brave fronts.

Widowmaker was easy to spot out, crouched on a high building, a sniper rifle locked in on the hostages below. Despite being at my match artillery wise, I'd still pointed my pistol up and aimed at the woman. My shot had ricocheted off the wall below her, only centimetres from hitting Widowmaker in the chest.

I cursed wildly as I hid behind the corner, shots being fired at me in a constant barrage. Finally, Widowmaker was forced to reload. I peeked out, seeing she was ducked down and out of sight. My attention was instead focused on Reaper, who'd also noticed my presence.

"Stand down, Reaper!" I shouted authoritatively, "Let the hostages go, then we can talk this all out."

The woman at the Reaper's feet aggressively grabbed one of his legs as he turned, aiming to protect me from his wrath. My lips formed a tight line as he roughly shoved her off, neglecting to use either one of the guns clasped in his hands. Now the Reaper and I stood facing each other, albeit quite far apart.

"(Your full name)," He spoke roughly, rolling his head casually along his shoulders. "I don't quite think you've thought this through."

I kept my gun raised, eyes narrowing threateningly. "Drop the guns, Reaper." To my surprise, he'd complied. Both guns in his hands fell to the ground loudly, and he lifted both his hands in a sarcastic manner.

Briefly looking up at Widowmaker's perch, seeing she hadn't reappeared, I rushed forwards and kicked the Reapers guns away. I pointed my pistol at him, now at close range and realizing how utterly vulnerable I was to the two Talon agents. Despite this, it looked as if Reaper would now be the vulnerable one as he slipped off his mask. The action had revealed Gabriel Reyes, a familiar sight I'd known in my younger years in Overwatch, a smirk glued to his face.

"You forgot my secret weapon," He said in a low voice, "And it's not Widowmaker."

I rose an eyebrow sharply, "Oh yeah?" I countered sarcastically, yet my eyes still darted from left to right cautiously. "And what's that?"

"Not saying," The Reaper concluded stubbornly, "All I'm telling you is it can only be defused one way. You have to kiss me,"

I froze, rerunning the words through my head before laughing. The Reaper watched me, a baffled expression on his face. "I told you that was cheesy." I heard a feminine voice shout from above, linking it to Widowmaker.

"You-" I wheezed, "-You realize, you could've just asked me out on a date. I would've accepted, y'know?" The Reaper rose an eyebrow, "I mean, outside of Talon and Overwatch, we're our own separate people I guess. When you're not threatening lives and all, we can have lives of our own. Did you ever think of that?"

"That..." Reaper trailed off, sighing before picking up his lost sentence. "That's the most disagreeable logic I've ever heard in my life."

"Oh," I frowned, "So you didn't want that date?"

"Oh no, I want the date."

Question of the day

What themes do you guys like best with fics? I included a bit of witchcraft last chapter, and I've introduced coffee twice I think, what do you guys like seeing in fanfics because I'm totally at a loss with uniqueness now.