Chapter 4

On Wednesday, Jade made her way down to the on-site wedding to help set up the flowers. The brunette was now a friend of the bride after thousands of consults and wasn't just attending as the florist, but as a guest.

She showed the bride on how to hold a bouquet; it was like a miniature version of a garden to the bride's hands.

During the ceremony, a few tears were shed by the hopeless romantic in hopes that one day, it'd be her walking down the aisle. She admired her work with the flower arch behind the priest, the bouquets, the boutonnieres, the crowns and all the arrangements surrounding them in the church. But the real anticipation was the reception, which she was making her way to now.

Jade's team did an amazing job. All the flowers and centerpieces were in place. It looked like a continuation of the outside garden. She grabbed a champagne glass off of the waiter's tray and flashed them a dashing smile. "Thank you."

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous. You need to stop following me."

Jade turned her head and found Perrie standing behind her. "Really. Because I believe I was the one who told you about this wedding. How do you know the Smiths?" She said, leading the way outside.

Perrie followed her. "Jack's a partner. He taught me all the ropes to the job here, and Bella is a beauty."

The brunette's smile faltered for a second when she heard that, and her gaze dropped. "Disappointed? That you didn't meet her first?" she looked up, trying to keep the mood light.

"No," the blonde answered. "They're great together. Look at them," she said, looking back in. The newly married couple were dancing in the middle of the dancefloor.

Despite the fast tempo, they were swaying side to side with their arms around each other. "You know, the hours slaving away at the worktable and infinite number of cuts on my hands; seeing that right there - a couple madly in love - makes it all worth it." She took a seat on the steps and squeezed her left shoulder with her right hand. "But it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt," she chuckled.

"Maybe I can help with that," the blonde sat down on the same step beside hers. Turning the brunette's body until her back was facing her, and replaced her hand with her own.

She worked her thumbs up the back of the brunette's neck, making her groan. Her body reacted immediately to the sound, realizing she wasn't doing herself any favor. "So...now that the biggest deadline is finished with, what do you have to do tomorrow?"

"I need to go in town and order some more flowers, create a couple more creations for the window display and then work on the bank book for the store. It wouldn't be a really busy day tomorrow being Thursday, so I think I can close it early and have the relaxing night I was supposed to have last weekend." She sighed again as the blonde's fingers did all the work and the feel of her warm breath hypnotized her bare skin. "Okay, you need to stop doing that. Between the champagne and your magic touch is me ending up on taking a nap right here." Perrie's chuckle tickled her senses.

"Sounds to me like you work too much. Which means you need to relax while you can." Perrie tortured herself more by running her hands on the brunette's toned biceps and then back up her shoulders.

"And you should be upstairs enjoying the party." Jade leaned back and moaned in pleasure, not ever wanting the blonde to stop touching her this way.

Perrie's voice went thick when she heard the heavenly sound. "I like it here."

Jade gathered every last bit of her self control to reach up to stop the blonde's hands from their work and realized that they were in the brink of almost crossing the line. The line between lovers and friends. "We should probably go back in."