Chapter 5

A/N: So, I tried making a cute chapter...

When Leigh got home, she found Perrie sitting on her couch. "I think you got the wrong house."

"André just needed to leave for a few minutes while I wait for some papers for work," the blonde explained. "Where have you been young lady?!" she asked, crossing her arms across her chest, acting like parent.

"So just to be clear, we're both alone right now?"

"Yep," Perrie confirmed, popping the 'p'.

Leigh then took her purse from her shoulder and started attacking the blonde, "What entered in that blonde head of yours that made you decide to kiss Jade?!" she bellowed.

"Ow! Ow! Stop, Leigh. Leigh, stop. Ow! Dammit! That hurts, it has buckles and stones! Ow, Gosh, stop it!" she begged, her hands attempting to block the older girl's hits.

"You kissed Jade, stupid, and now she's stupid! I can't believe you!" Leigh finally stopped her assault and fell beside her on the couch.

"Leigh..." she sighed. "I'm not a bad person."

Leigh laughed out loud. "Really? Because I have a few sources telling me differently. What were you thinking Pez? Kissing Jade. Jade is the worst person to kiss."

"Her lips say differently," Perrie chuckled, rubbing her own.

"Not in that sense." She groaned, still wrapping her head around the idea of her two best friends kissing. "People love Jade. They get her, and always come back for more. She's a great girlfriend, Pez. That's the keyword – girlfriend."

"And I'm a great girlfriend as well. Do you want references?"

"Jade is a product of romance and that's how she lives her life. She's not someone you just have sex with and entertain yourself. She's someone you make promises to, she's someone you fall in love with, she's someone you commit yourself to."

"Hey, hey, hey," The blonde raised her hands, palms out. "When I'm with someone, I'm only with one person. I don't cheat. I think cheaters are bastards."

Leigh sighed and stood up. "If you hurt her, you're going to get more than a bag in the face. I'm warning you Perrie, if you're going through with this, it's all or nothing; nothing in between."

"Whoa, wait a minute," Perrie's brows knitted in a frown, "Why are you picking her side?!" she asked, her voice slightly raised.

"I am not any picking side! Don't get me involved! But let's face facts, Perrie. When the going gets tough, it'll be Jade who gets the shorter end of the stick." Leigh explained. "Look, I'm not trying to get in between - whatever it is that you two have.  All I'm trying to prevent is you fucking Jade's feelings just because you're unsure about yours."

***
Saturday was a half day for them. Both Jade and Perrie don't make it to dinner that night. Jade stayed home, just wanting to be alone, and Perrie did the same. It was great to have friends, but sometimes, even on the odd times, some need a break.

Jade was in her boxer shorts and tank top as heat blasted in her place. The temperature was dropping, signalling the heater. She took a seat on her sofa with a large glass of wine, and used her remote control to dim the lights and turn on the music. Now this was relaxing.

"Amelia, it's your mother!"

She didn't hear the door open, or anyone enter, which could be dangerous. But everyone needs a little danger sometimes. This was not it. Jade opened her eyes as her mother fell down beside her. "Hi, baby. Uh-oh, glass of wine, dim lights, fireplace and blasting music. You're having love troubles."