Leaving with Him

Chapter Five – Leaving with Him

*Ava's POV*

After returning to the pack house, I headed back to my mum's room. Ever since dad passed away, I started to sleep in my mum's room to accompany her. As I was approaching her room, I could hear a lot of commotions coming out from her room.

"Mum?" I quickened my pace and pushed opened her room door. Everything was in a mess. The chair had fallen. There were shattered glasses on the floor. The bed aas in a mess. Things on the table were all being swept to the ground.

"Aunt Ella!!" Then I heard voices coming out from the bathroom.

"Mum!!" I dashed to the bathroom and saw Sophie grabbing my mum's hand to prevent her from cutting herself with one of the broken glass.

"Mum!!" I went up to her and hugged her tightly. Both of us fell to the ground.

"Wyatt!!!" She was crying out dad's name painfully.

"Mum! Mum! Shhh. I'm here. I'm here. I-I'm here." I patted gently on her back. As I heard her calling out to dad, my tears fell involuntarily.

"Amy is here." I could hear some shuffling sound at my side. Amy squatted down beside me and injected a needle into my mum's arm. Soon, her crying stopped and her whole weight fell on me.

"Ava, let me carry her to the bed." Ethan came forward and lifted my mum off me. He placed her gently on the bed and Sophie helped to tug the blanket nicely on her.

"Thank you." I said and faced Sophie and Ethan. Ethan smiled warmly at me. Sophie came up to me and hugged me.

"It's fine. Everything is going to be ok." Sophie whispered. I sobbed silently as she stroked my back.

"Ava." Cassidy and Madison came up to me and Sophie and hugged the both of us.

"Everything is going to be ok." Sophie comforted. They smiled encouragingly at me before leaving the room.

I walked over to my mum and sat gently on the edge of the bed. I swept away the strands of hair that were covering her face to the side. She was sleeping soundly with a peaceful expression.

"Mum, I found my mate. His name is Chase." I smiled slightly while recalling his happy face.

"I'm going over to his pack tomorrow to spend some time with him. And I will then return back to your side after a few days." My heart ached at the thought of leaving him. I stood up from the bed and went to my wardrobe. I picked out few sets of clothing, towel and other necessities and stuff it into my duffle bag. I zipped the bag and placed it at the side of my wardrobe. I took out a fresh set of clothes and changed into it before going to bed.

I walked over to the bed and lay down gently, not wanting to wake my mum up. Every time I closed my eyes, his image kept appearing in my mind. Throughout the night, I couldn't sleep. Part of me was excited and looking forward in seeing him tomorrow. Part of me was worrying about leaving my mum. Just like that, I allowed my thoughts to flow freely till morning. When it was 8 in the morning, I got down from the bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. Mum was still sleeping soundly.

"Ava?" There was a soft knock on the door before it was being pushed opened.

"How's Aunt Ella?" Cassidy said while walking into the room.

"She's still sleeping." I replied while taking a glance at her.

"Everything is going to be ok, Ava." Cassidy said gently. I nodded slightly at her.

"I hope so."

"C'mon. Let's go out and wait for him." She said. I walked over to pick up my duffle bag and left the room with Cassidy. I placed my duffle bag at the living room and headed to the dining table to have breakfast.

Cassidy patted my hand and smiled at me. "Didn't sleep well?"

"I couldn't sleep." I said honestly.

"Don't worry too much. We will look after Aunt Ella. Furthermore, it's school holiday. You don't even have to worry about studies. So just go and enjoy the time you are spending with him." Cassidy said. I smiled lightly at her as my thoughts drifted to him. I ended up playing with the pancakes on my plate rather than eating it.

"Cassie..." I looked up to see Jayden walking down the stairs and heading towards us. Cassidy get up from the chair and walked towards Jayden with a happy smile. Jayden immediately wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her deeply on the lips. I quickly looked away to give them some privacy.

I envied them a lot. Jayden and Cassidy; Alexander and Madison; Ethan and Sophie and many other mated pairs. If only we could be like them. Chase...

"Alpha, the Gamma from the Dark Light Pack has arrived." Nathan walked into the house and said. The moment I heard the word 'Gamma', my head immediately snapped to the direction where the door was located.

His scent started filling the whole pack house. I stood up from my chair and looked over Nathan's shoulder.

Chase.

Unknowingly, my legs started moving on its own. I stretched out my hand to reach out for him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. I lay comfortably on his chest and enjoyed his warm. I could feel his arms laying on my back and waist. He buried his face into my hair and whispered,

"I miss you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018