Chapter 1.4

Xiwang at the moment is depressed. It has been two weeks since the failed attempt to scam his target. His shoulders droop lower than usual and his almond eyes are shrouded in gloom.

"Brother He, did something happen?" Xing Wei asks during lunch. She shots senior Yin with a piercing glare.

Xiwang only shakes his head and goes back to stirring his noodle soup.

Yin Yu, Deng Xun, and Xing Wei exchange confused glances before the female in the group suggests going to a private club to unwind. They just finish their prelims and are given a few days off. The other junior readily agrees but the two seniors look dubious. "Come on, it will be fun!" She makes an eye contact with senior Yin, hinting him to convince Xiwang.

They manage to coax the depressed Xiwang and dress him in a stylish outfit consisting of a dark-colored mock neck shirt underneath authentic black leather jacket, a pair of white slim fitting jeans and shit-kicking Dr. Marten boots. As for the bird nest that is Xiwang's hair, they succeed in strapping him on a chair and let the hairstylist work his magic. Their friend's unruly hair is cut short and styled with hard wax. This transformation is all Xing Wei's idea. Deng Xun and Yin Yu have to participate too.

When the quartet arrives at the private club located in the sixteenth floor of a high-rise building, they instantly garner attention from other guests. Admiring and jealous stares from the ladies are specially thrown at Xing Wei who is surrounded by three gorgeous men. While Deng Xun is a second generation young master, Xing Wei's wealth is from old money. Her affluent family's status dates back from her scholar ancestors who advocate traditional values. So despite their abundant wealth, the Xing are considered a good and benevolent family in the high class society.

The other rich young masters and ladies recognize two of the quartet so they come and greet them. Xiwang and Yin Yu are introduced and the party soon starts with the clinking sound of shot glasses.

Xiwang doesn't remember how many shots of bitter astringent drinks are forced on him. As he doesn't dare to brave the dance floor, he stays seated and entertains the unknown people. Mother hen Yin Yu is out there making sure their female friend doesn't get taken advantage and the brat Deng Xun is probably somewhere making out with someone.

Xiwang feels uncomfortable and excuses himself to the washroom. Unfortunately, the door has a sign "Do Not Disturb" and he has to go to another floor. If he is a bit sober, he might have realized how weird that is.

The flushed young man wobbles to the seventeenth floor via the stairs and searches for the washroom that happens to be at the other end corner. He finishes his business and plans to go down. However, the door slams on his face. His whole body staggers backward and he clutches his abused nose. The corner of his black doe eyes wells in tears and he stares accusingly at the culprit.

Gao Hanying, faced with the younger man's red-rimmed and glaring eyes, is slightly amused and curious. This floor shouldn't have any unknown guests so how did this little thing get in here? He steps forward, the guy shakily takes a step back. He notices the man's expression morphs into fear and trepidation. Oh? It seems the kid knows him. How interesting. Smirking evilly, he asks, "You know me?"

Xiwang, as if by instinct, tries to escape. However, no matter how big the washroom is, where else is he supposed to run to when the man is blocking the exit? So he locks himself in the cubicle. He hears the bad man chuckling and Xiwang holds back the tears from falling. "Go away," he says weakly and adds, "please?"

"Now, why would I do that?" Gao Hanying leisurely replies as he stands before the locked door. He tucks his hands in the pocket of his dark grey trousers. "I am going to count to three. Come out or I will kick the door open for you." He hears the scaredy cat squeaks and Gao Hanying's amusement is increased. "One. Two. Thr-"