6. The Lost Soul and the Xenohumans

"What is that stuff?" Lysha asked, but I barely heard her. My limbs were frozen, my head was reeling, and my whole existence was deciding whether it wanted to keep on moving or not. 

"Quasar!" Too much shouting. I couldn't handle it. Where was my Essence? My power? I could touch it, but... it wasn't there. The Dreamscape was inaccessible?

"Quasar?" Oh dear stars. Could they not shut up? Why wasn't my voice working? Someone slapped me. "QUASAR! Get up!" I shifted my position and tried to slap them back, but I missed sorely and my hand hit cold marble. 

"Yeah, he won't be able to move for about a day. It's what happens when an Essence is removed. Apologies, but it was required." Khelsh. It was Khelsh speaking. Khelsh had stolen my Essence, hadn't ek. 

"Khelsh, I'm gonna kill you!" I tried to say, but my voice was still not able to be found, and only a harsh breath escaped from my mouth.

"Oh, Quasar, you're okay! Well, sort of..." said a voice. This was Relativity. "When will Quasar be able to talk?" She asked.

"Oh, maybe in 30 machrells," ek replied, sounding almost... cheery. Well Khelsh got me back, I thought. I did blow up his Summer Temple, but... it was an accident. "But you four had better get started, now that you've heard the Key." I was going to kill Khelsh. Yup.

"What do you mean? Why are you-" Supernova started, but Khelsh interrupted.

"If you want Kwazar's Essence back, I suggest that you do this for me. If the war with the Sarim is to end, you need to find the cure to X, Y, and Z."

"But what is it? XYZ? What does it mean? And why was Quasar freaking out?"

"XYZ is a code of some sort. I'm not sure what it is, but the flames suggest going to your planned destination. As for Kwazar... Kwazar will tell you when the time is right. Now go, or I'll take her Essence as well." Ek pointed at Lysha, who had recently arrived. I tried to put in a point, but no one would listen. Well, I couldn't speak, anyways.

"So we start at... Srva?" Relativity sounded scared now. "Why there?"

"The flame knows all, Relativity. The flame knows all." Khelsh disappeared in a burst of smoke, leaving them with no other answers. I tried to move, but failed, and Relativity ended up attempting to drag me along the floor, which hurt a lot, causing me to groan and get dropped. 

"Sorry Quasar, but we don't have any other option." My eyes widened when Relativity said this, but I could not respond as she and Supernova attempted to pull me through the hall. 

"Oww..." I managed to get out, and they stopped yet again. 

"What is it!" She yelled. My voice was back...

"DO NOT DRAG ME ACROSS THE CITY!!" I shouted back. My limbs were useless, and these three weren't helping in the least. 

"Well what do we do, then!?"

"Well, uh... I don't have another idea." Relativity raised her eyebrows.

"So then we're dragging you across the city."

"Wha- No!" She shrugged and pulled my helpless body down the stairs. "Agh! Stop! Ow!"

"Supernova, you gonna help me?"

"You'd better not..." I growled at them, and Supernova responded with a light kick to my side.

"I feel bad to you, Quasar," she said, and walked ahead down the stairs.

"Now is not the time to abuse my weakness!" I could do absolutely nothing as I fell from stair to stair. "Stop it! Just pick me up or something!" Relativity laughed and I immediately knew I was not going to be that lucky.