The Dragons' Decision

Kyoji studied the man before him. His name was Felipe, as Takamura had said. He seemed to be of average height, dark eyes, and a shiny white smile. The man had a green windbreaker on, slim white jeans, and black loafers. He also donned an expensive watch, which he noted didn't seem to be ticking -- why wear a watch if he couldn't tell time with it?

Haruhiko harrumphed at Felipe's words; he wasn't particularly fond of the Dragon of Life at all. Felipe's unconvincing smile was still on his face as he gazed between the two old comrades, ignoring the others.

"Still bitter about who got what, Haruhiko? You'd think a refined gentleman such as yourself would be above holding petty grudges and the like." He flashed a winning smile at the older man, who simply glared at the Hispanic man.  Clearly the charming act wasn't going  to work on these two.

"What brings you guys to Sicily?" he ventured, offering a chuckle as he slowly regained his usual cockiness. Eyeing them, he noted that Takamura hadn't aged a day, while Haruhiko looked older than ever.

"I suspect you know what manner of business this is, Felipe-san, as two of your Brood stand before you." The sensu fan she held wavered slightly, and Felipe's eyes shot to it. He saw the image of the feral dragon on it, and felt a pang of guilt; he hadn't exactly been keeping in contact with the other Dragons, despite their vow to keep each other informed.

The Dragon of Life ran his hand through his messy hair; he liked it that way, to give the ladies the impression that he was thrilling and wild and untameable -- after all, women loved to tame and have men change for them. He gestured to the table Deborah had sat at, indicating for Loki to visit them in a bit to take their orders. He rose, striding over to the booth as he slid in to the middle. Haruhiko and Sonic slid into one side, with Takamura sliding into the other. Kyoji made to sit down with her, but Takamura stopped him.

"This is not a conversation you are meant to hear. Wait outside."

"But--" Kyoji attempted to argue, but he was cut off by the sound of Takamura's sensu fan sharply snapping shut.

"Ike." 

The boy frowned, knowing better than to keep arguing with her. He made to rise from the table, and Sonic rose with him. The young man smiled benevolently. "I'll keep you company." Kyoji nodded briskly, skulking over to the front door, Sonic following him and closing the entrance behind them.

It was finally time to get down to business.

The man, Felipe, placed his elbows on the table, lacing his fingers together as he glanced towards Haruhiko, than Takamura. "Well, who is it? Who was it referring to?"

Takamura gazed directly at him, her eyes sharp and austere. "A girl, similar in age to Kyoji." She gestured to the boy who had just left. "You have heard of the Yamaguchi Massacre?"

"The one where the would-be politician and his wife was slain? Yes, I've heard about that when I was staying in Japan. It was carried out in order to demonstrate the power of the Yakuza, right?"

"Yes. The girl, Hatsumomo, was his daughter."

Surprise gripped Felipe. "She's who they've got? What more could they want with the last living member of the Yamaguchi family?"

"She's not the last living member of the Yamaguchi clan. She has an elder sister. Her whereabouts are currently unknown."

"Shit." Felipe's eyes darted from side to side, thinking quickly. "Poor girl. What do they want with her? Why should she suffer for her father's insolence?"

"Insolence?" Haruhiko spoke up, his tone gruff. 'You dare call a man of Yamaguchi Hideo's calibre insolent? The man, living or dead, has more honour than you. He did what he did to protect his family, Sapporo, and all of Japan. And what do you do? You travel from country to country, consuming alcohol and lusting after women! Who are you to besmirch the Yamaguchi name?"