Chapter 6 - Taking a stand

Calum's P.O.V

It's Friday today, and my had mother offered to drive Noah and I to school. Noah was going to stay with me at my house for a while until everything was sorted out with her parents. I didn't tell Noah but I had actually told the police, I couldn't just sit at home knowing she was being abused by her parents.

I was snapped put of my thought as the car stopped, "Have a good day guys, I'll be here to pick you up after school."

"Thank you, Mrs Hood." Noah said politely to my mum.

"Thanks mum." I replied as Noah and I jumped out of the car.

We quietly walked into the school grounds. We both walked side by side as we got lots of strange stares. Noah's nervousness reflected off her, I could feel it. I heard lots of mumbles like, "What is he doing with her?" and, "She tried to commit suicide."

I felt anger build up inside of me, all these people were just judging her and I hated it so much. To prove them wrong, I reached my hand out and intertwined my fingers with a Noah.

-

It was math class now, which luckily I shared with Noah. I walked in and took my seat at the back of the class, we had assigned seats. I watched Noah walk in lonely, she took her seat at the front. The class soon flooded in with my teacher, Mrs Hullens.

"Okay class, settle down please." Mrs Hullens spoke.

She started the lessen, I quickly got bored and turned my attention to Noah. I watched a small crumbled piece of paper hit the back of her head. I flinched as Noah slowly folded out the paper. I extended my neck so I could just see what was written on it.

"DIE!!!!" Was written in big bold letters. I frowned, seeing Noah fold it back up and push it to the top of her desk easily.

"I have assigned partners for a math project, what you will need to make a poster of facts of math. This sounds very childish, I know, but I want you to all to do your very best." Mrs Hullens smiled brightly.

She read out a couple names and called my name, "Calum and Sandra. Noah and Michael. And lastly, Luke and Ashton. That's it, class dismiss."

I mentally groaned and grabbed my bag, standing up. Sandra walked up to me. I didn't especially like Sandra. She was a classic mean girl. I noticed she was also quite mean to Noah. When people hurt the people I love, I get mad.

"So, Calum," Sandra said flirtatiously, "why not we study together at my place tomorrow?" She smiled.

Sandra lifted herself up and sat on my desk, I guess she was trying to be seductive or something. It wasn't working very well. I could see Noah in the corner of my eyes looking this way.

Sandra obviously saw me looking because she stood up instantly and held my face in her hand.

"We don't have to do just the project at my house." Sandra smirked.

I pushed her hand off my face.

"I'm not interested, Sandra. I'm only a project with you. I'll meet you at your house tomorrow, okay? Text me your address, do you have my number?"

-

I searched for Noah around the halls, worried about people trying to hurt her. I saw a small brown haired girl walking alone in the halls. I chuckled a tiny bit, catching up to her. Her face light up like a kid getting a birthday present. She looked quite cute.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked letting out a small laugh. I don't know why I laughed. I just did.

"Hi," She replied, "I'm good, I guess."

We started to walk down the halls together talking about random stuff. Mostly about where she was going to stay until things with her parents were sorted out. I never want Noah to go back to her house. I can't, it's too dangerous there.

As we walking we were I interrupted by a girl wearing black, "Noah! You didn't tell me you have a boyfriend now! So, failed again to die? Get with it, everyone hates you."

"Not everyone, I certainly don't. But, is it fun coming up to someone and telling them to kill themselves? Does it make you happy?" I angrily replied.

"Noah, speak up! You can't have your body guard protect you all the time." She snapped ignoring me.

I watched her as she mouthed, "watch your back".

As the girl walked off I shouted back, "Answer me."

"What?" She snapped.

"Answer. My. Fucking. Question." I yelled back slowly.

"Well, a lot of people deserve to be in this world, but Noah here. Is a mentally retarded freak." The girl said back. She smirked at Noah then walked off. This time I let her. Although, I could feel how the words hurt Noah.

"Mentally retarded freak? What did I ever do to you, Addy!" Noah screamed back.

Addy turned around instantly. Lots of people in the halls stopped and surrounded us. They all watched as the awkward silence filled among the room. I watched a tear try to escape Noah's eye, but she blinked it back. Her face went red with flames.

She walked back up to Noah and rudely said, "Someone's standing up for themselves for one."

A lot of people laughed.

I saw Addy pull her arm back. Presuming she was about to hit Noah, I jumped I front of Noah. I held my hand out, grasping Addy's hand which stopped her from hitting Noah. The crowd filled with oh's and laughs.

a/n helloooo :) pretty please with a cherry on top vote and comment on this story. It means a lot :3

If you were wondering what Noah looks like search up "kaya scodelario sad pics" on images and yeppp