6 S E C O N D S

6  S E C O N D S:

You don't know me and I don't know you either. We haven't met yet, but maybe we will one day. You're certainly not a part of my past nor are you a part of my present. But I hope one day you'll get the chance to be a part of my future.

I hope that when that time comes, it'll be love. The kind that's crazy, beautiful, and different. The kind that will make me forget the past and look towards the future. The kind that happens in six seconds or less.

Perhaps you'll be short since all the ones I've loved before were tall pines. But maybe you'll have a goofy smile like the boy I once loved six years ago. Maybe you'll drive me crazy like the boy I got to really know in six months. Or perhaps you'll have a layer of mystery surrounding you like the boy I once knew for six hours. Maybe, just maybe, you'll have floppy hair and insanely bright teeth like the boy I knew for six days.

But with all the maybes aside, one thing is for sure: when I find you, I'll love you. All the layers I've been holding on to for so long will fade away. When that moment comes, I'll be unstoppable. That empty feeling will be gone because I'll have you.

With you, my search for something more will be over. I won't have to wonder anymore. No more "what ifs." That long, grueling pursuit will reach the final wall. One day we'll meet and I'll find you. I'll take one look at you and know that this is the beginning of the end. The beginning of our lives together and the end of my search for something I've been missing for so long. Six seconds or less and I'll know.

When I meet you, you and I will both know that our next step is to get over that wall together. And over that wall will be a new journey we can start together. And this time it won't take six lifetimes, six years, six months, six days, or six hours. Six seconds will end all of that and be the start of something new: my life with you.