Chapter Sixty-Eight

Chapter Sixty-Eight: Olli's POV

"Oh that's way too expensive." Alex scoffed.

We were in a jewelry store downtown -the one I had bought the promise ring in- shopping for engagement bands. Alex remained unimpressed with most of them, due to their severity in price.

"Sweetie," I murmured, "Don't worry about price. For you I'd-"

"But hun, they're so expensive..."

"It doesn't matter," I told her brushing her thick locks off her face. "You're my fiancé, now. You deserve nothing but the best."

She blushed, slightly, before sheepishly whispering, "I love that one."

The ring she gestured to was a small, white-gold band, with a medium-sized diamond in the middle, and two minuscule diamonds on either side.

"Excuse me?" I asked the woman behind the counter. "Could she please try on that one?"

The woman politely smiled, before extracting it from the case.

Alex slipped in on her finger, and it fit beautifully. More importantly, she beamed a radiant smile of happiness. "This is the one." She told me, tone hushed.

"Ma'am, can I purchase this one, please?" I turned my attention to the woman.

"Of course, sir, that'll be $2610."

Next to me, Alex gasped, quietly.

I pulled out my checkbook, while Alex quietly protested, telling me, "Olli, that's too much for one ring."

After filling out the check, and handing it to the woman, I turned to Alex. "Do you like the ring?"

"I love it." She stated, quietly.

"Then that's all that matters."

--------------

"I'm free for the rest of the evening," I told her, after we left the shop. "Do you have work, or can we do something?"

"I have work," She replied, while innocently slipping her hand into mine. "But it'll still be there at a later date."

"Good," I grinned, softly. "Because I have a very special night planned."

"More special than the one two nights ago, where you proposed? Or last night where you scored the game winning goal versus Washington with two minutes to go?"

I shrugged, sheepishly. "Okay, so no, not really, but it's still special."

She smiled, caving. "Okay. What are we doing, then?"

"First," I began pulling her off in the direction of Market Square, a hotspot of the downtown. "We eat."

---------------

"How does this place manage to be so good?" Alex asked me, with a mouthful. We were in a sub shop that she absolutely loved.

"I think it's the whole mayonnaise-on-bread thing, honestly." I replied, taking a chomp of my own sandwich.

After a few moments of quiet, since we were both chewing, she wiped her mouth, and asked, "So, when do you want to have the wedding? Obviously in the off season, but when? This year? Next year?"

"This year, for sure." I replied, no hesitation.

"Okay." She nodded. "So we've got to start planning shit. I mean, we're already halfway through January. If you want it to be in July, that's only six months away."