vii. gladers.

I backed up until I hit the wall, and then I stood, leaning against it until I felt my hands clutch the vines. I made a climb for it, my shoes scraping against the rough and pointy rock of the walls. My mind was spinning with thoughts and I barely noticed when a pair of hands grabbed me and pulled me back to the ground.
"It's easier for us to catch you when you're on the ground." The one I assumed was Ben said. I rolled my eyes and they laughed. I got back to my feet and ran down the other end of the passage. I stumbled a bit but eventually managed to pick up enough speed to run and lose them behind me.
The pursuit continued a while and I eventually stopped paying attention to where I was turning. I rounded a corner and was going to round another when a body collided with mine, sending me falling to the ground.
"Come on Lightspeed." The dark haired boy laughed. He was Asian and really muscular. Extremely muscular. Lucky me, I rolled my eyes. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me off the ground. He dragged me with him around the Maze until we met up with his friend. "Nice job, Minho." Ben said.
They each took one of my arms, dragging me back to the Glade. "No," I whined in protest, my feet scraping the ground in front of me as I let them drag along. I turned to look at the Glade, seeing a small group of people at the doors. This is what made me lose it, I twisted in their grip, getting one of my arms free and elbowing Minho in the face. He cried out and stumbled backwards, holding his nose in his hand and I smirked. Ben's grip tightened and I used my other hand to pry him off of me. I went to climb the wall but a strong pair of hands pulled me down, throwing me to the ground. I groaned as my head hit the hard floor and Minho pulled me up again by my shirt. I groaned in protest as I threw my body back in the direction of the Maze. Minho was too strong, I couldn't do it. Ben grabbed my other arm and I kicked wildly in their grip, twisting and pulling away.
The ground below me changed to grass and my arms were released, making me fall to the ground. Minho and Ben stood above me, talking to someone and smirking whenever they glanced at me. The crowd around us dispersed as they all went back to work and soon only three people were around me, whispering. I propped myself up on my elbows and rolled over, getting to my feet.
Minho looked at me but I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to let him know I was done running. But I wasn't. When he turned back away, I began sprinting back in the direction of the Maze. It was a hopeless attempt, as a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me into them when I was only a few meters away. I could feel him moving behind me towards some other part of the Glade but I didn't care. My hands fiddled with the fingers that were woven together at my stomach, but it was no use. I pulled away from the person as we walked towards his desired destination. Ugh. This is annoying.
"Stop fighting, love," the person pulling me along said. I felt my body tense at his words and I felt like I should listen to him but I couldn't. He pulled me along until we reached a weird, slanted building. I recognized it as the Slammer.
The door to one of the small cells opened and I was put inside, leaning against the wall. I moved back to the door as it closed and the boy that had been carrying me stopped in front of it. "Let me out." I said harshly. "I have to go back in there."
"Look love, I can't let that happen. The Greenie isn't allowed in there." He said calmly and I finally recognized him as the boy I'd met in the maze that one day.
"Newt?" I whispered and he looked taken aback.
"Yeah. How do you know me?" He asked cautiously.
"I, I um... I was the one that helped you back to the Glade a year ago. Right after you jumped off the wall. I was the one that carried you back here and then climbed back into the Maze. You remember right?"
He nodded slowly and then sat by the door. "I thought that was a dream. Who are you?"
"I'll tell you if you let me out." I offered and he shook his head, a smile spread across his face.
"I'm thinking you tell me anyway. You're not allowed out until the doors close." Newt said.
"Fine. Name's Clarke." I said, sitting down and crossing my arms over my chest and my legs were crossed at the ankles. Newt looked like something had been pieced together in his mind and what he said next confused me to no end.
"Do you have the bracelet?" He asked and I reached into my pocket.
"What?" I asked as I pulled it out and handed it to him through the bars on the door. He examined it and handed it back to me. I put it back in my pocket and leaned against the wall, waiting for an explanation.
"You don't remember?" He asked and I shook my head, confusion running through my brain. "I made that for you, when we were kids. I don't remember where we were though. But I know you were there, and we definitely knew each other. You were my best friend. I remember now."
It felt like a switch had been flipped in my brain. Small memories of Newt flooded my brain and I remembered. Not everything. Only parts of my memory with Newt. I still couldn't remember anything about my family or the people who put us here. The only memories that came back were small ones of moments spent with him.
The day he gave me the small piece of jewelry when we were younger, the day I left for the maze and he kissed me and told me he loved me. I wonder if he remembered that part.
"I remember," I whispered so only he could hear. "I remember you, oh my god. Do you remember the uh, the day I left?" He nodded and I leaned closer to the bars. "I'm sorry I didn't say it back." I said, referring to when he said he loved me.
I heard the lock click in the door and it swung open. Newt reached his hand down and I took it as he pulled me up and onto solid ground.
"You don't have to," He said softly and pulled me into a hug, my head resting on his shoulder. We pulled back and his lips pressed into mine, and I smiled into it, feeling him do the same. "I love you," I mumbled to him.
"I love you too Clarke," he said back.

———————————
(A/N): Alright! I know this chapter is a bit all over the place. I wanted to do something to make my fanfic different from others, so I had them remember each other. I also used some quotes from my favorite TV show in this chapter. Anyone who can tell me what show that is gets a shoutout.
Anyway, Clarke is in the Glade and reunited with her best friend and true love, Newt. I can't wait to write another chapter for you guys and I hope you're excited too.
By the way guys, you better appreciate all of those past chapters because I wrote them all in one day and spent my day throwing all of my energy into this!!! So you better love it.
Love you guys!!!
- Grayson;)