The American

4 days later
Svetlana's POV
As we arrived in America Molokov helped us off the plane and to the car safely.
"The last thing we need is two Russian targets for this war."
I held Anatoly tightly as we passed through New York to our hotel.
"It's alright honey."
"I'm sorry I'm just a bit nervous I guess."
"Coming here for the first time always is."
As we drove to our hotel I looked at all the buildings and the beautiful park. It really was gorgeous here but I prefer Russia.
When we got to our hotel some other chess players welcomed us. I knew Anatoly knew them by the way he was joking and talking to them. As we go to our room Anatoly helped me with my bag and we stepped in the room. I gasped at the view of Central Park.
"This is amazing."
"I knew you would like it."
I took my bag from Anatoly and we unpacked.
"When's the first match tomorrow?"
"8:00am then 3:00pm against the American."
I walked up to him and put my hands on his chest.
"That American won't intimidate you, He is just another hot shot guy who thinks he can beat anyone because he won some back in his home town. You are a champion a world champion you are my champion."
"Now I know why I fell in love with you."
He said kissing me gently then suddenly it turned ruff. I pulled away and saw his loving eyes.
"Not right now. Remember we have to go back down stairs for that party."
"I know. One more kiss?"
"I think that's alright."
He kissed me then I pull away to go get ready for the party.
________________________________
At the party
I was standing next to Anatoly wearing my red dress. He picked it out before we came here. He said it represents Russia and my fiery spirit. He was wearing his black suit with a bow tie. My hair was pinned up out of my face and his was in his usual style.
"You look so handsome."
I whispered in his ear as we walked down the stairs to the main hall. As we entered we talked to other chess players and some of their wives. Then Anatoly turned to me. He motioned to a man in a black suit walking over to us.
"That's the American."
As he approached us Anatoly shook his hand then looked at me.
"And who might you be?"
"Svetlana Sergievskaya."
I said shaking his hand.
"So you are the wife of the World Champion? Well the world champion for now."
I drew back my and and leaned on Anatolys shoulder.
"Yes my husband is quite talented."
"Sure. I just hope he doesn't get too attached to the game. That can have fatal consequences for a young man."
"How would you know you are younger than him."
"Let's just say that my family is all about this game. Have a good night I will see you at the match tomorrow."
When he left I turned to Anatoly who was smiling at me.
"How can you smile when he just insulted you?"
He laughed.
"You are so adorable when your mad."
I blushed realizing my temper might have caused my horrible attitude.
"I'm sorry didn't realize how immature I was acting."
"It's quite alright my dear. Let's go back I want to get some rest before we have to get up early tomorrow."
"Ok."
Me and Anatoly walked back up to our room and settled into be.