The competition.

Already seated in the school bus,the school principal came out of his quarters to wish them good luck and a safe trip to and fro.

Zayn was quite fortunate to be far away from Ayo and her crew but the fortune didn't seem to fill her satiety as she was sitting next to Fred.
They were all dressed in their various coloured compound wears,looking smart and serious. Zayn in her knee length gown of blue check material with her white waist belt,Ayo in her's of pink checked material and black belt. The boys were wearing their shirts over khaki trousers. Everyone seemed cool and collected.

Prayers were said and they took off. Lawal was grateful he still had to come along. Fredrick on the other hand had went to cool off in the pitch the previous night. He had done everything possible not to be part of the team. Things like competitions didn't excite him. He didn't even bother arranging his stuff, Christian took care of it for him. Either ways,he trusted Chris to know everything he'll be needing and has packed them as well. The same way he refused coming for the competition was the same way he refused the post of the senior prefect was the selection was going on.

The bus was quiet and everyone was in a world of his or her own.
Ayo had an obvious crush on Fred. They were friends in JHS because they grew up knowing themselves to be king and queen. Their fathers also had a friendly union being members of the same political party. He had always defended and joined her to cause trouble back then in junior school but that was a good long while. Whether late or early,Fred had grown up from stupidity.

'Erm, zaynab can we please swap seats ?' Ayo asked zaynab
'What?'Her eyes widened with surprise. Ayo, the queen of CIA was saying a 'please' to her.
I'm definitely not hearing properly.
'I said ,let's swap seats' Ayo paused before adding 'please' again.

'Oh,sure' zayn replied. She stood up and went to sit next to Hasheer ,the school's male senior prefect and Who's Ayo's right hand man. She was very aware of the reason Ayo said a 'please' to her. She wanted to sit with Fred. She was glad though, it was an opportunity not to sit with the pompous Fredrick D.R ,a chance she didn't even see coming her way.

'Watsup fine girl?' Fred asked Ayo as soon as she settled next to him. He was aware of her crush on him  and her attempts to get closer to him. He simply let her do as she pleased and that included her telling everyone in the school that she was Fred's girl. But really, he wasn't interested in her. She was beautiful, hot and all but it just didn't click.

Fredrick was tall with a coffee-like skin color,he had smooth and straight hairs on his arms making him look more manly. His hair was deep black and currently, it was styled in a low afro style. He had long eyelashes and a perfectly but naturally carved eyebrows. He was close to being a new full adult and had broad shoulders,with a sprouting beard. He hardly laughs but when he does , it's enchanting. With a gorgeous physical look and extraordinary wits, the CIA girls deified him. And that was bad for them because women were not on his list of wants not to talk about needs. OK,at least not yet.

On and on, everyone talked and chatted to while away time on the journey of 6 hours to shiroro, Niger state,Nigeria where the headquarters of the NMI was located. Zayn had a peaceful sleep till they arrived their destination. With no Nita to talk with,she opted for sleeping.
'Hey,it's time to get Up' Hasheer had tapped her awake. After being registered alongside with the students from other schools, the CIA scholars settled in.
**

The students from CIA made it to the final round after two hectic and mind -arousing stages. From the previous rounds,ten representatives from each of the six schools sat for the exams. The score of each student was summed up to get the total mark for the school they were representing.  You know when its said that "the power of a team depends on the capability of the weakest member of that team"? Well,that was the technique used.
Now,it was required of every school to present two students to represent them. The last round was on form of a verbal quiz.

In the dorm where the girls stayed together irrespective of their schools, Ayo made a big show of herself. She also included in her advertisement the fact that zayn was from a poor family and a daughter to an ordinary school teacher. And that point,there, was where she woke the trouble in zayn.
True,they fed from hand to mouth but zaynab was filled with gratitude for life knowing it was from God's hand to their mouths.'Sure, he's just a school teacher but he doesn't tell his kids to step on the poor or disregard people. I think that's the major lesson you receive at your home as morals, downgrading human beings like you'.
Ayo was shocked to her bones as she never expected zayn would ever talk back at her. Little did she know everyone has a fierce side of them hidden away only to be set free when the need occurs.
Ayo made a strong resolve to deal with zayn. The way the other girls praised zayn's natural black beauty was getting on her nerves. Salt was added to her injuries when Mr.oladotun choosed zayn and lawrence to represent the school in the final stage. she was expecting to be his undying choice but sorry to her,he didn't meet her funny expectations.

The coordinator for the program announced to them that the finale was due the following morn after breakfast. After the quiz,a party will be held to round the program up for that year. They were due back in school Monday morning.

******

Hello people! 🖐🏾. Howwaya? You doing good?
You're finding the story interesting? Funny?.....okay,who wants to know what Ayo will do? 
Okay , let me hear what you think.
Okay.....bye people!😎.