𝟐𝟎 | 𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬

Adelina Cortez's POV

"Carlos?!" I questioned loudly down the hallway. He disappeared over an hour ago and I couldn't find him. I heard male giggles coming from a closet and I rolled my eyes.

Tapping on the door, I cleared my throat. "Carlos? Casey?" I questioned. The door opened, revealing a blushing Carlos. "Yes?" He asked and I smirked.

"I'm heading home to change for the reception. You coming with?" I asked, smiling. "I think I'm good. See you there," he said and closed the door.

I shook my head and walked back to the main room, coming across a smiling Sereia. She walked over and hugged me again. "See you later?" She asked with a smile. "Yes. I'm just going to go home and change," I told her.

"Okay. I'll see you there," she said before making her way back to her husband. I gave one last nod to her before slipping out of the building.

On the drive to my house, my phone went off. I had a message from both Dallas and Kane. I waited until I got home before I opened them.

Dallas💋
Hey! You going to the reception? I didn't even know you knew Sereia and Nic!

Adelina
Yes sweetie, I'll see you there! Such a small world haha. See you soon.

Dallas💋
See you soon Lina

Kane👅
Baby, why you ran off?

Adelina
I have things to do Kane.

Kane👅
I'm going to make you pay for that Adelina.

Adelina
I'll be waiting, Kane.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and giggled as I unlocked the front door. I went inside and headed straight for my bedroom, unzipping and slipping out of my dress in the process.

I pulled out a more comfortable outfit, yet dressy enough for the reception. A black and white striped crop top and long skirt with a slit in the middle with buttons at the top. I fixed my hair into an updo and reapplied some more lipgloss before smacking my lips and leaving.

After I locked up, I jumped in my car and headed to the building that the reception was being held at. Carlos texted saying he was there with Casey so I replied telling him I'd be there soon.

Upon pulling up at the building, I noticed Kane pulled in at the same time. I smiled but it instantly fell from my face when I saw a gorgeous red head climb out of the front seat with him smiling at her.

"Game on, bitch." I turned my car off and put on my best smile before climbing out. "Kane," I said politely, nodding in his direction. "Adelina," He said in a breathy whisper.

"Enjoy," I told him and swayed my hips seductively with every step I took. The first man I spotted, I linked arms with and pulled him to the dance floor.

Kane stood by a table, gripping his cup tightly with a scowl on his face. I smirked and pressed my body closer against the drunken man. He groaned and I rolled my eyes.

The song ended and I quickly made my way to the bathroom before the guy could continue dancing with me. I took in my appearance and sighed. Jealously was in my eyes.

"Let's dance gorgeous," a deep voice boomed in my ear. The foreign voice gave me chills and I nodded. "Okay," I whispered and let the mystery man guide me to the dance floor.

When I looked up, I gasped. "Dante?" I asked in confusion. He smirked. "I'm his son, Andrew. You look lovely Adelina," he said, tightening his grip on me.

"What do you want?" I asked in annoyance. "You aren't scared of me?" He asked in shock. "No," I told him. For some reason, I didn't get a hostile vibe from him.

"I want you. Kane seems to be smitten with you. He had my dad locked up and I lost the one I loved. Now, I want to take that from him," he said and I frowned.

"Do you want to kill me?" I asked, panic slowly rising. His eyes widened and he frowned. "Of course not. I'm not a bad guy, Adelina. I'm really not," he whispered and brung his face closer to mine.

His lips were brushing against mine and I refrained from licking my lips. "What the fuck is going on?" Kane growled from besides us. Andrew turned his head and smirked.

I frowned then sighed. "Hell no. This is not happening at Sereia's wedding reception. You two take this shit elsewhere," I warned and they both groaned in annoyance.

Kane glared at Andrew then looked at me softly. "Do you know who he is?" He asked in disgust. "Yes. He's Andrew. Dante's son," I told him. "And he's my date," I added with a smirk and pulled Andrew away from Kane.

"What was that about?" Andrew asked with a smirk playing at his lips. "He tried to make me jealous. He's playing a game that he'll lose." Andrew chuckled and shook his head.

"I see why he's smitten," Andrew whispered and I smiled. "Want to get out of here?" I asked, licking my lips. Kane came around the corner and shot me a murderous look.

"Fuck it," I said and pressed my lips against Andrew's, never letting my eyes leave Kane's. He balled his fists and stormed off, cursing in the process. Andrew pulled away and smirked.

"You fucked up Adelina," he said and I gulped. "I know," I whispered and cursed. Before I could go after Kane, Andrew pulled me back and kissed me again. "Forget about him," he whispered and in that moment I wanted to.

"I can't," I whispered and pulled away, running in the direction of Kane. I spotted him fucking the red head against the wall. I backed away quickly, hiding from the sight before me.

"Game over," I whispered.

Who's mad at me? I am 😂