Chapter 35

Radhika was troubled, Arjun's presence was igniting strange feelings in her. She felt like a betrayer, she was committed and yet she allowed her heart to feel for the other man. She closed her eyes, how could she. Saral had always been true to her and here she was , thinking about the other man. The man  her best friend was in love with. Radhika was filled with loath for herself, she couldn't understand how could she betray her best friends, a friend who loved her since they were kids. Supported her dreams and on the other hand was Sam, who made her feel at home in this unknown city. All moments from Goa trip came back to her feeling like a cheater she hugged herself. 

''Chasni, its late let's sleep.'' Sam walked in to the balcony where Radhika stood lost in her world. When Radhika didn't respond, Sam turned her around, ''hey what's wrong.''

''I feel like a cheater''

''Whya so?''

''Saral has been in love with me since we were kids. He had been an amazing friend and support, its because of him I am here. And I don't love him, its so wrong.'' she sobbed . Sam pulled Radhika into a loving hug, she had never seen her like this. 

''You are not a cheater, in fact I think you have been very brave to accept the love of a man whom you don't love. I know, its not easy and moreover I know one thing, mu chashni can be million things but not a cheater.'' Sam affectionately wiped her tears, dragging her back to their bedroom.

***

Neil had started receiving offers for music concerts and he could understand how to juggle between his passion, his duty towards his mother and Sam. If Radhika was right, Arjun did had darker motives. he wasn't just here to hurt Sam. It was more , and he wanted to find out what it was. Come what may, he couldn't see Sam in pain. His mind was made up, he had decided to help Radhika in his own away and walk away from Sam once she was safe. he wasn't hoping her to fall for him and now even he didn't wanted it. He realised , her constant rejection had now pushed him so far that his heart no longer desired Sam to a part of his life. Neil smiled, the feeling was came like an enlightenment. He did deserve to be happy , with or without Sam.

''What are doing?'' Prerna asked confused as she watched her only son stuffing few bags.

''Cleaning, removing the stuff which is off no importance.'' He relied calm

For a moment Prerna was stunned. The wall which was full of his and Sam's picture now stood bare to her eyes. For 2 decades she had witnessed Neil's possessiveness and love for just one girl, now when she watched him stuff all her pictures, souvenirs and gifts rashly in bags kind of astonished her. 

''Neil, is everything okay.'' She asked worried. His movements froze. keeping the bah aside he walked across the bed to reach his worried mother. Holding her by shoulders, she gently pushed her down and sat in her feet, ''it wasn't before Mom, starting today everything is going to be just right as it should have been all the way. Its time to leave the past behind and move forward mom.''

''Are you sure?''

''Never have been more'' he smiled and walked back to the bags he was stuffing, ''Would you mind helping me out. Its seriously lot of junk in there.''

Prerna smiled, she felt relieved it was a good sign. She had seen her only son withering in pain for Sam, and hated herself for being so helpless being incapable of doing a thing. She had prayed numerous times to the almighty to bless her son with happiness and peace. The prayers seemed to have been answered today. She moved as Neil called her out again, joining him in clearing the baggage.

***

Arjun couldn't recall where he had kept the power of attorney papers. He had to get it signed by Piyali. Sam had been weird, she was little distant making excuses when he asked her out. He was aware that back in Goa when she feigned ill health and requested to take Radhika along, she was actually spending time with Neil. he cursed when he couldn't locate the file, he angrily pushed everything off the shelf.