Part-2 Chapter-7

Arjun stood in the main hall with his head hung low as Radhika stood glaring at him, Dipil and Dadaji looked from her to Arjun , turning their eyes to each other they decided to leave the two alone. Radhika was still shaking in anger as her ears echoed with his his last words. Before she could show him the door, Mala interrupted.

''Choti, I know there are problems between you guys but that's not the fault of the kids. They have the rights on him and  he has equal rights as you do.'' Mala silenced Radhika with the lift of her palm, ''I am not interested but he will stay where is daughters are. They need their father.'' with that Mala walked off.

Arjun had never felt this uncomfortable all his life. he was looking like a nervous girl who had been made to parade in front of a prospective groom and family . Radhika took a step and he stepped back, she frowned but took another step making him retreat further, ''Listen to me Mr Mehra, I can't object on you staying here but, keep your hands off my daughter Anusha!''

He looked up , not able to believe what she just said. How could she ?

 Radhika walked off uncaring, she lifted Anusha up and left Anya in the bassinet for him to spend time with. His eyes followed her till she disappeared. With a sigh he made his way to his daughter who was busy in her own little world uncaring about her parents fight.

Arjun squatted and watched his daughter for sometime before lifting her in his arms. She kept on with her funny sounds making him chuckle, ''You look just like your mother , and please be like her and not your daddy. I have been a bad guy.'' Anya yawned , stretching her little mouth to the max. ''Am I boring you little one.''

''She seemed to get bored by everyone.'' Dada ji said sitting besides Arjun. ''She is just like choti, looking for listeners and when its her turn to be one, she goes all sleepy.'' Arjun smiled at him

''You don't have to be nervous all uncomfortable around us. I know you are good man.'' Dadaji tried to calm him but Arjun continued to look elsewhere. He understood and added, ''I know you helped Dilip with finances. Even after when choti walked out, you kept getting us business. We all make mistakes but accepting and trying to correct them is a tougher task. I am sure you will accomplish the task of winning Choti's forgiveness.''

Arjun looked at Dadaji with emotional eyes, before he could speak his daughter made a funny sound bringing attention back to her, ''Another trait of Choti, can't tolerate anyone ignoring her.'' They shared a laugh as Dadaji kept talking to Anya who responded all excited.

Nandini silently thanked the almighty for making a way for Arjun. She was sure he would win over Radhika in no time. She decided to thank Mala in person. She made her way to the guest room when her phone buzzed, the number on the screen made her chose the solitude.

''Did you get the details.'' The reply from other side made her relax. ''Fine, just hand it over to me in person. Just me and no one else.''

Radhika paced in the room cradling Anusha in her arms and a frown on her forehead. He eyes landed on her baby, ''Í know you don't like this cast. But can you smile for mommy.'' Anusha kept her eyes on Radhika as she was being pulled to mother's comforting embrace. The cast had made the baby uncomfortable and tired, turning her cranky and too quiet. While family worried about the quiet one, Radhika longed to see her daughter's one smile.

***

Neil had turned his phone off as he enjoyed his solitude at Arjun's apartment. Munching on the pop corns , he switched on the television to watch the latest cricket series. He knew his family would be worried but the point was, he wanted them worried. He wanted to punish them for taking a decision on his behalf. It was his life and he had all the rights to live according to own will. He was sure that Soniya would understand his situation but now having her family involved too had landed him into a mess.