Hanzo x Reader/ Part One

Part 1
-----
Steady...steady...SHOOT! I let go of the arrow, and it flew right over the target. Angry with myself, I shook my head and retrieved the arrow. Instead of practicing more like I should have, I put the bow away. Hanzo let me borrow one of his really old bows to practice with. I originally used a crossbow as a weapon in missions, but I wanted to try the actual bow.

Hanzo and I have been friends since I joined Overwatch a few years ago. I seemed to have a stronger friendship with him than anyone else on the team. The weird thing is, we're polar opposites. He's calm and collected, while I'm always excited and easily ticked off. It takes a lot for Hanzo to get angry, but when he is angry, it's best to leave him alone and stay clear for a while.

Hanzo walked up to me as I had finished putting the bow away. "Why have you stopped practicing?"

"I suck." I huffed and shoved my hands in my pockets. Hanzo chuckled, "Maybe for now, you do, but that's the point of practice. To get better, and stronger. And once you do well, you will only grow stronger with each session of practice." I nodded and looked at him, "I just need a break."

"Understood. Would you like to join me for some tea?"

"Actually, yeah. That sounds really good right now."

Hanzo motioned for me to follow him and we headed back inside of Overwatch HQ. I sat down in a chair while Hanzo made the drinks. When he finished he set a mug in front of me and sat down in an empty chair. " (Y/N), I know you will get better quickly. Keep at it." He sipped his tea and kept his eyes on mine. "I think I should just stick with my crossbow..." Hanzo set his mug down quickly, "Do not quit! Keep practicing, (Y/N). Do not be discouraged. Not everyone is immediately good with their aim. Were you as good as you are now with your crossbow the first time you picked it up?"

"Well, no-"

"Then keep trying." Hanzo then sighed and took my mug from my hands, "What are you do-"

"Come with me. I will help you, (Y/N)."

-Small Time Skip-

I had the string pulled back to where my fingertips touched my cheek. My feet were shoulder-width apart and my breathing was controlled, just like Hanzo instructed. "Now, (Y/N), aim and shoot." I nodded lightly and lifted the bow a little higher, aimed directly at the center of the target. I let a small breath out and let go of the string, letting the arrow fly through the air. Snap.

The arrow hit the target.

It didn't hit the center of the target... but it hit close to the center! I grinned at Hanzo and he grinned at me. His grin made my heart jump. It was so... pleasing to see his grin. His eyes wrinkled slightly, making it even better. "Wonderful. Now, lets work on your form a little more." He took a few steps closer to me and had me pull the string back again. One hand was on my waist and the other was on my shoulder. I shuddered slightly under his touch. "Pull your shoulder back a little more, and make your hips line up with the target." He directed my hips to line up, just like he said. "Breathe, aim, and let go."

Breathe, check.

Aim, check.

Let go... check.

Snap!

The arrow hit the outer edge of the center circle. I dropped the bow and jumped up into Hanzo's arms, cheering out of excitement. "I did it! Finally!" Hanzo laughed and set me down, "You did it, (Y/N)!" Our grins faded into smiles as we looked into each other's eyes. Hanzo let out a happy sigh, and quickly pulled me into a deep kiss. I was surprised, but soon I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands wrapped around my waist. We pulled apart for air eventually and kept grinning at each other. "Y'know... I like you a lot, Hanzo."

"I like you very, very much, (Y/N)."

------

Author's Note: This one is like, 300 words shorter than the first one shot but REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY PART ONE! Most of my one shots will have two parts, so no worries! Very few may have more than two parts lol

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Dont forget about requests and constructive criticism!