McCree x Reader/Part Two

Part Two
--------

I thought morning would never come, but eventually it did. I hopped out of bed and quickly threw my uniform on. I was actually excited for this mission with McCree! I think that was the first time I was happy to wake up early. I threw extra clothes and necessities in my duffle bag, not even bothering to organize it. The moment I finished packing, there was a knock on my bedroom door. "Ey, it's Jesse. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, I just finished packing." Half way through my sentence, the door opened, showing Jesse McCree in his uniform and hat. "Ready to hit the road, darlin'?" I grinned and zipped up the bag, "Mhm. You can flirt with me on the way, lets go." We walked out the door together and into the main living room of HQ. The rest of the Overwatch team, excluding Reaper (who was never awake before 10 a.m.), was there, all smiling.

Tracer hugged me, "Have fun!"

Mercy waved daintily, "Good luck! Please be safe, friends!"

Soldier 76 crossed his arms, "Good luck out there. Call us if you need anything."

Jesse tipped his hat, "See y'all later." With that, we boarded the Overwatch jet and got settled. "You excited, darlin'?" I nodded, also smiling, "Yeah, I've never worked with a partner before." Jesse chuckled and sat in the cushioned seat closest to me. A few agonizingly awkward minutes passed by with no words. Finally Jesse broke the thick silence, "Y'know... we've never really had a conversation that wasn't mission related. Fancy talking bout' somethin' else?" I averted my eyes to him and shrugged slightly, "Besides working with Overwatch, I don't do anything interesting. Besides playing video games...but something tells me you're not into games." He laughed slightly and shook his head, "Aw, c'mon! You do plenty of interestin' stuff."

"Yeah? Name three cool things that I do not related to Overwatch missions."

"Alrighty. Well, first off..." Jesse actually struggled to think of something. I didn't blame him for not thinking of anything, he didn't know me enough. "Told you."

Jesse shook his head, "I don't believe it. You aren't boring, I promise."

"Who said I was boring?"

"Now, lets be reasonable, I didn't mean it like that-"

"I know. Just messing with you." I smiled and picked at some dirt under my nail. Jesse playfully punched my arm, "Don't scare me like that, darlin'."

We joked with each other for a few more minutes before the jet began take-off. The machine slightly rumbled as it gained altitude.

-Time Skip-

We finally made it to the place we were going to stay in Dorado. A crappy motel with bullet holes in the windows. Talk about safe.

I opened our door with the rusty key we were given and then locked it. I liked to pretend the lock was up to date. Plopping on one of the beds, Jesse huffed. "I miss my own bed already."

"Spoiled much?"

"Ah, shut up, (Y/N)." We both laughed as I began to unpack my bag on my bed. I sorted my clothes and set them in the drawers in the night stand. "Hey, (Y/N)?"

"Hm?"

"Remember early this mornin' when you said I could flirt with ya?"

I laughed quietly, "Yeah."

"Im assumin' you meant it."

"I did." Jesse got up from the bed and walked to my side. He wrapped his arms around me, embracing me with a warm hug. " 'M not much of a hugger, but I can make an exception for ya." I put my arms around him, too, taking in the scent of smoke on his clothes. "Neither am I..." I said with a small sigh.

"You're for sure a good kisser," Jesse laughed and put his hands on my shoulders, stepping back a little. Smiling, I hugged him again. "I haven't had any affection in the longest time. Thank you, Jesse."

"Well, darn- no need to get serious." He held me close. He was kind of worried, I guess. I pulled away from the hug and punched his arm playfully, "We have to get ready for the mission. I had a plan, anyway." Jesse sat down on the edge of the bed, "Aight. What's the plan, partner?"

I took my weapon [Its up to you on what weapon you want] made sure it was loaded, "I figured we could find one of the gang members and make him tell us where the others are. If they don't give any information then we kill them. I know my plan isn't all that original... but it seems efficient for this."

"I agree. We'll head out in a few hours when it gets real dark out," Jesse laid back and put his arms behind his head, "For now, Im gonna nap." I smiled at him and put the weapon back into its case.

-Time Skip-

"Jesse? Please tell me its you..." I whispered, my back against a cold, concrete wall. Someone had cut the power in the town, and it was impossible to see in the dark alleyway. Someone had run past me and tripped, hitting the ground hard. I could here the person squirming on the ground... like they were in pain. "Jesse...?" My weapon was aimed toward the sounds, just in case. "Jesse?" I asked again.

" (Y/N)- stay quiet."

It was Jesse! Thank God! I nodded, pulling my weapon back and listening closely to my surroundings. What seemed like hours passed, until I heard distant shouts. Jesse was now standing next to me, staying just as quiet.

Suddenly, the city lights blinked on and illuminated everything.

A dead body lay in front of my feet. "Oh my-"

" (Y/N), stay calm. Keep quiet."

Fresh blood soaked the gravel under my shoes and all around the front half of the body. I couldn't help but stare. My eyes were locked and my hand come over my mouth. This person was not someone that we were after.

An innocent, innocent person was dead, and I could have helped them. If I had only known! Tears rolled down my face silently, with each quiet sob, my back violently shook. I know I shouldn't cry, but helping good people is what I do. Innocent people don't deserve that, their innocent family doesn't deserve that.

"Jesse- I heard someone fall. I-I thought it was you-"

"No... before the lights were off I saw you run down here, so I followed. I've been standin' here. I didn't fall... that was him," He whispered.

I wiped my tears and controlled myself, "Let's get this over with..."

------
Author's Note!- IM A PIECE OF CRAP I CANT UPDATE IN TIME HA

Blame my homework!

It took me 5 days to write this part. Okay? I wrote about 150 words each day, and today I finally buckled down and wrote the rest!

Enjoy!!!!! (Sorry if my writing is crap!)

DONT FORGET ABOUT REQUESTS IN THE COMMENTS!!!!! :D