Jack Morrison x Injured! Reader (request)

A/n: Alrighty so this is another request by PhoebePhoenixine! (Can't thank you enough my dude!)
Hope you enjoy!!! ♡♡♡

TW: heckin angst and blood and death oof yeah

-----

"Whoo! Yeah! Another victory!" Lena, or Tracer called out. Her blue uniform now tattered and covered with dust. Torbjorn and Reinhardt were both smiling, happy about the victory we had just earned. Angela, or Mercy, tended some very minor wounds on Tracer's arm. We successfully hacked into a payload and delivered it safely, protecting it from Null Sector's omnic forces.

I, aside from Tracer, had a...major injury. In the last push Null Sector sent, a bullet tore through my side, and I kept calling Mercy's name, but sounds wouldn't form. I had both of my hands covering the wound, trying to keep the blood in while I was still standing.

"Ang...help-" I fell to the hard ground, unable to keep my strength any longer. She gasped and ran to me, finally noticing the wound, "Bring the ship in immediately! We have a major injury and I don't have all the supplies I need! Hurry!"

I was curled up on my side, coughing, and watching my blood pool around me with blurred vision.

The others were now watching in horror, also looking around for the ship.

-Jack Morrison's POV-

The metal door of the ship opened, and I immediately sprinted out. Then I saw (Y/n). My girlfriend, my love, lying in a pool of her own blood. I ran to her side, tuning out Angela who was barking orders to everyone else to get her medical supplies.

(Y/n)'s head was turned away, her chest rising and falling rapidly, her body trembling with fear and pain...helplessly.

Angela now had all her supplies and began working, muttering 'I'm sorry' every few seconds. I held (Y/n)'s hand, squeezing it to let her know I was by her side. She grunted in pain in response to the work Angela was doing.

"Jack, get her talking, she's losing a lot of blood and could easily fall unconscious."

I nodded and turned her face toward me. Her eyes were squeezed shut with tears cutting paths in the dirt on her face. "(Y/n), talk to me-"

"J-" she grunted again.

"Keep trying, just try, (Y/n)."

All of a sudden, her body went limp. She stopped writhing, her face softened, her hands stopped squeezing mine, and her chest was only rising a little bit. Angela cursed as I felt a tear fall from my eye.

-Time Skip-

"I think she'll be okay, Jack. She just needs time, time heals all wounds."

I nodded, sitting in a chair next to (Y/n)'s bed and holding her hand.

Angela sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, "She's probably not going to wake up until tomorrow. You should get something to eat and then rest."

"Mhm...I will."

Angela gave a sympathetic smile and gave me a pat on the shoulder and then left, leaving me alone with (Y/n).

I sighed as the door shut and turned my eyes to my lover's face, "I love you, (Y/n). You'll be okay...I'll protect you no matter what," I gave her hand a small squeeze.

-----

The next morning, I woke up in the same chair next to (Y/n)'s bed. Her hand was still in mine, but it felt cold. With my other hand, I rubbed my eyes and sat up, feeling a pain in my neck from the uncomfortable chair. I looked over at (Y/n). Her head was tilted, and her mouth was parted slightly. I touched her face...and it was cold.

No...no, no. No!

"(Y/n)?" I stood up and leaned over her, shaking her shoulders gently, "(Y/n), wake up!"

I put my ear to her chest and listened for her heartbeat.

Silence.

I ripped the blanket off her and finally noticed the pool of her blood staining the sheets, "(Y/n)..."

She was dead.

I collapsed on the edge of her bed and held her body as close to mine as I possibly could, sobbing. Her cold arms hanging lifelessly at her sides.

The door opened, and I heard a soft voice gasp. It was Angela. She covered her mouth and began crying, "Jack...I-I'm so sorry-"

I didn't say anything, I just continued to hold my love close. My fingers tangled in her hair, holding her head to my chest.

-Time Skip-

Every day, I brought a chair and my lunch out to her grave. I talked to her about my day, upcoming missions, apologizing for not visiting because of a few absences. Angela told me every once in a while that it wasn't healthy for me to do that...but there was no way I just couldn't visit.

I know (Y/n) is there. I know she listens to me rambling on about something petty that Gabe did. I know she watches over everyone, too, from up above.

One certain day while I was visiting her grave, McCree came by, too.

"How ya holdin' up?"

"I'm managing, I think."

He chuckled and took a seat in the grass, reading the words carved into the stone. "I miss 'er , too, Jack. She always made everyone smile, even on the worst days."

I nodded, remembering a few times that she made me laugh when I was about ready to blow up, "Yeah...I know."

"I prolly ain't helpin' ya much, sorry. Just figured I should visit and check on ya, too."

"Thank you, Jesse."

"No problemo. And hey, if ya ever wanna talk or need a favor, I'm here. I understand loss, trust me. It's just a matter of time before yer over it."

"Time doesn't heal all wounds, Jesse."

A/n: This was just shy of a thousand words! I hope you liked it lol

That was pretty heckin angsty btw

IMPORTANT: Im leaving for camp tomorrow afternoon and I'll be gone for the entire week so no updates until next week, sorryyy!!!

Love you guys, I hope you understand ooof

~Louise ♡♡♡