chapter two.

She stepped out of the portal and into a dazzling city. Looking around in amazement, at the children playing in the streets, the music drifting over the stones of the road.

A laugh bubbling in her throat as she took it all in, her face a mask of awe. She'd never seen anything like it.

And of course, it had to be ruined by a breathtakingly beautiful male prowling towards her, something she could only explain as darkness at his heels.

"Who the hell are you?" He demanded, his tone one of authority, of a leader. Rhysand, High Lord of the Night Court.
"Elena Whitethorn Galathynius. That's who the hell I am."
"You've grown up quite a bit, haven't you?" He says, his eyes scanning her. A High Lord assessing if she was any danger to him and his people. A look she didn't have the patience for.

"If you are stating that I am no longer a crying, spitting babe, then yes, yes I have," she states matter-of-factly.
"Yes, I see" he mused, a small grin playing at his lips.
"So, will you keep me here all day or-" she asks, her brows raising.
Amusement flashed through his eyes as before he begins walking, "Of course not. Follow me."

As they walked, he questioned her about her mother and father, about how they were, how Terrasen is doing. She answered all the questions he had, before she began to ask him.  About his court, his Inner Circle, his family. And so he answered as she had, telling her about each one as they walked up the streets of Velaris.

His eyes filled with what she could only call pure love as he described Feyre to her, a small smile on his face as she spoke.

He told her of Amren, how terrified she made people, how you are not to come between her and a diamond. Of Nesta and Elain, Feyre's sisters, both Made high Fae, both his unsteady powers. Of Morrigan, the female that reminded her of her mother, from what he'd described.

The other male, Cassian, his general. His brother in arms, the Lord of Bloodshed, the General of his armies. And then he got to Azriel. He spoke of the males magic, about his shadows. Telling her to just watch him, watch the shadows and how they listened everywhere you go. She was intrigued as to what the Shadowsinger had to show her, to teach her, her mind whirling with possibilities.

When they finally arrived at The House of Wind, her legs aching from the climb after refusing Rhysand's offer for him to fly her up, determined to show she doesn't need help with that, that she could make it up a few stairs. Tenthousand, to be exact.

The other male was waiting for her at the top, a groomed brow raised. She controls her breathing, raising one back. "Shall we?" She asks, swallowing her fear of meeting these people. He nods, stepping forward placing his hand on the door knob.

My name is Elena Whitethorn Galathynius, and I will not be afraid.

-------

heyyy so this chapter is super short, but i promise they get longer, and better. don't forget to vote!