Like That

The next morning, I wake to texts from all the vlog squad. I finally go back to Dom's Instagram post and reply. 'You're the bomb,' I say with a bomb emoji and a kiss-blowing emoji.

I shower and dress quickly, wearing a black and white striped jumpsuit and my Louboutins. I do my makeup as there is a knock on the door.

Gav enters the room, with Dom behind him.

"Happy birthday," Dom smirks.

I smile and stand from the bed. "I'm ready when you guys are." 

The three of us exit the room and head down to get breakfast from a cafe a block away.

"I can't believe you're here," I say as Dom places an arm around me. In my heels, we're the same height.

"Well, I'm not one for romantic gestures, but I felt this was necessary." Dom winks. 

"Ugh, you two sicken me. You're so cute." Gav pretends to gag as we enter the cafe.

Gav takes lots of pictures of Dom and me, but my favorite is one where we're drinking mimosas but our arms are linked and we're looking at each other. 

When we finish our breakfast, we head back to the hotel. My dad and Cathy are awake and dressed in nice clothes.

"Do I need to wear something else?" I ask, looking down at my jumpsuit.

"We're just going to the arboretum and then to a nice lunch. Then we're going out for afternoon drinks." Dad says.

"You look amazing, doll," Cathy assures me.

The five of us head out.

I have the most amazing day ever, and it mostly has to do with Dom. When we have our afternoon drinks, my dad and I have a contest for who can down the most shots. I win. I dance with Dom and kiss him a lot.

We return to the hotel a couple hours later. Dom and I go to his room with Gav in tow.

"I'm still in shock," I say, holding Dom's hand in mine and messing with our interlocked fingers.

"You shouldn't be." Dom laughs.

Gav shows us all the cute pictures he took of us, sending them all to me at my demand.

"Dom, is it okay if I post some of these?" I ask, then I sit up. "Wait. What are we?"

"What do you mean?" Dom asks.

"Like, are we dating?" I bite my lip.

"I'd like to be, especially since I flew nearly two thousand miles to be with you." Dom laughs.

I smile and look down at my phone. "Is it okay if I say that on the internet?" 

"Of course." Dom laughs again.

I upload the photo from breakfast, along with one from the arboretum and one from the bar earlier. Each one shows us doing something different. In the second, Dom is handing me flowers. In the third, we're both in the middle of taking a shot. 

I caption the post, 'They say nobody likes you when you're twenty-three, but now I'm twenty-four and I have this amazing guy by my side .' I end the post with a heart-eye emoji and a kiss-blowing emoji and tag Dom.

I go back up to my room to change outfits. I slip on a short black slip dress with my heels. I pin up my hair before going back down to meet Dom.

We go to dinner at a really nice sushi restaurant nearby, even though the House of Blues has good food. After dinner, we head to the show. My dad got us seats at a table near the stage, and I'm thrilled.

After the show, Dom and I stay and drink for hours. Even though we're still buzzed from earlier, at this point we're totally gone. We stumble back to the hotel and head to his room.

I take off my shoes and Dom smiles.

"Do you want a shirt of mine?" Dom blushes.

"Of course." I lay down on the couch as my dress rides up on my thighs.

Dom disappears into his bedroom and comes out a minute later wearing a T-shirt and sweatpants. He hands me a T-shirt, and it's one of his merch shirts. I go into the bathroom and change into the shirt. I notice the bathroom has makeup wipes, and I use them to wash my face.

I go into the main area and sit next to Dom on the couch. "I had an amazing birthday," I say as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you had a good day." Dom kisses the top of my head.

"I've never had a great birthday. Like yeah, I've spent three of my birthdays in Europe, but like those were trips my parents sent me on because they felt guilty. I spent so many birthdays pretending to be happy. When I turned eighteen, I asked my parents to take me to Europe. They didn't do that. They didn't even give me anything, which is a stupid reason to be upset, but it really hurt me. It was the last birthday I spent with them while I was still technically a kid, and they just blew me off. Every year since I turned twenty-one, I've gotten so drunk on my birthday because I've generally been alone and sad. This is the first birthday I've gotten drunk because I was happy."

"I'm sorry you've had shitty birthdays." Dom smiles down at me. "But I'm glad I was able to make your birthday a good one."

"I really don't want to go back to my room." I sigh, hoping he'll say what I want him to.

"You can stay here. There's room in my bed for two. Plus, I enjoy a good cuddle." Dom winks. Nailed it.

I jump up and excitedly pull him into the bedroom. We lay down and he wraps his arms around me.

"Goodnight, Ally." Dom kisses me.

"Goodnight, Dommy D. Thank you for an amazing day." I tuck my head into the space between his neck and his shoulder, my hands snaking around his waist.

"You deserved it." He whispers into my hair.

I fall asleep peacefully. For the first time in a long time, I sleep all through the night.

The remaining two days in Texas feel like a dream. Dom meets my family, and they absolutely adore him. My dad and Cathy drop us off at the airport, and I cry when Gav hugs me.

"I'll come visit soon," I promise him, hugging him tightly.

"I'll hold you to it," Gav says. He pulls away and shakes hands with Dom. "Don't hurt my sister, or I'll have to kill you."

"She's fully capable of handling herself." Dom grins. "I have no intention of hurting her."

We go into the airport. We sit next to each other on the plane. I enjoy feeling like time doesn't exist with him by my side. The flight back to LA can't be long enough.